Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New manual shredder prototype is ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I got a call today that my manually operated shredder is ready to test fire. I'll be back in town Friday and will make a video of it in operation.

There where some very strict specifications to be maintained in the design and they appear to have been met.

Shred size is 1mm.
Cutter head width is 6".
Made of stainless steel.
Can be retrofit with an electric motor (optional).
Cost under $40.

I'll post the video in this thread.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
It can be completely disassembled for for cleaning, sharpening, replacing part.

I've only seen pieces and parts of it. I haven't seen the whole thing put together yet.

The purpose of this shredder is to give it away with a minimal purchase. This will introduce people to whole leaf with with very little cost out of pocket. If they like it, they can buy a Powermatic, but this manual shredder should last quite a while.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it here, but we did some serious testing on the manual shredder from Poland and even with no leaf being put through the cutter, aluminum shavings were being made. After about 3 minutes of manually operating the shredder, it heated to a point of binding...still with no leaf running through.

I don't know for sure, but I think smoking aluminum might not be to good for you. The aluminum wouldn't get hot enough to vaporize, but I know it could get hot enough to melt.

DGBAMA

Look forward to seeing this. Would also be good for small quantity blending experiments.

AmaxB

It can be completely disassembled for for cleaning, sharpening, replacing part.

I've only seen pieces and parts of it. I haven't seen the whole thing put together yet.

The purpose of this shredder is to give it away with a minimal purchase. This will introduce people to whole leaf with with very little cost out of pocket. If they like it, they can buy a Powermatic, but this manual shredder should last quite a while.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it here, but we did some serious testing on the manual shredder from Poland and even with no leaf being put through the cutter, aluminum shavings were being made. After about 3 minutes of manually operating the shredder, it heated to a point of binding...still with no leaf running through.

I don't know for sure, but I think smoking aluminum might not be to good for you. The aluminum wouldn't get hot enough to vaporize, but I know it could get hot enough to melt.
Good morning Don
I had wondered about the ones from Poland now I know had tried to find a place to buy the electric model but could not maybe it suffers to.
When you get your shredder in if you would like to sell a few let me know.
Brent

Aaron

Sounds promising. That's in my price range too. I'm looking forward to seeing your report.

Boboro

It will be somethan to see. I tryed to get somethan like that from the chinese but I could never figger out how to buy from them.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Well...it wasn't anything near what it was represented to be. None of the parts I have been shown in the past were incorporated into the "new" shredder.

This was just a big waste of time..., but you gotta have days like that once in a while. I'll go into more detail some other time.

Rather than rely on someone else to do the job, I decided to do it myself. The first phone call I made landed a contact who understood what I wanted to do and will be making/sending parts tomorrow.

Sorry for the false alarm, but stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.