Whole Leaf Tobacco

New Offering: Threshed Blended Chewing Tobacco

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
This is a blend of domestic and exotic tobaccos used by a major chewing tobacco manufacturer. The tobacco is threshed, so, by federal law, we can only sell it in 5 kilo bags. From what I know about it, it will likely make a decent short fill cigar filler also.

I can't sell small quantities, but I can give away "Commercial Samples". Just ask for a sample with your next order.

Chew blend threshed.jpg

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
At $14.55 per pound (pure tobacco, so weight does not include non-tobacco stuff), that's under $1 per ounce. I don't use chew, so I have no idea what the price per ounce of commercial chew comes to in Virginia. In many states, there is also a state excise tax on chew.

Bob

jclif43

At $14.55 per pound (pure tobacco, so weight does not include non-tobacco stuff), that's under $1 per ounce. I don't use chew, so I have no idea what the price per ounce of commercial chew comes to in Virginia. In many states, there is also a state excise tax on chew.

Bob
Haven’t bought any loose leaf chew in a long time, but no doubt you’re correct. A pouch today in m part of the state is probably 2-3 times more per ounce and in NOVA is probably 5-6 times as much. Definitely a deal for anyone that might want to DIY.

plantdude

ok-thanks for answering my question!
Just to mention it - there is a link "shop now" at the top page for whole leaf tobacco products. They do sell a variety of premixed tobacco for cigarettes, kits for making your own cigars (I tried the Terroso Profundo kit and found it very good), and straight whole leaf tobacco as well. They are worth checking out if you haven't already.

plantdude

Bob
A 1.2 ounce can of grizzly long cut wintergreen chewing tobacco (one of the discount brands) is running about $5.40 plus tax out here. The actual cost of whole leaf tobacco per can would be about $1.13 + what ever else the recipe needed. If a person had a decent recipe and went through a lot of chew they would easily be saving in the neghborhood of $3.75 to $4 a can.
5 kilos would be roughly 146 cans. Saving $4 a can on 146 cans would be a savings of $548 (plus tax). That not a bad deal if a person were willing to make there own - plus they would know what is actually getting added to it.