Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Nicotine least to most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skychaser

African Red has a nic content of 2.98%. It has a mild flavor but is richer than the VG's. It is smokable after 3-4 months of hanging. African Red and Costello Negro are 2 of my favorite bright leafs. http://nwtseeds.com/African Red.htm
http://nwtseeds.com/Costello.htm

The Kentucky Burleys (KY15, KY17, KY8635) fall in between Golden Burley and TN90 in both flavor and nic content. Green Bryor is close to TN90 and the original Burley 21 is really strong. It needs a year to age. At 3-4 months it will still knock you on your butt. lol

The original Orinoco is a good medium flavored smoke, somewhat similar to the Marylands. It has a nic content of 4.27%. It's a pretty good stand alone tobacco for a cigarette or in a blend, and gives it enough kick for me to notice. I grew Gold Leaf Orinoco last year. It is a much heavier producer than the original and cures like a bright leaf. I tried some a month or so back but it wasn't ready yet. Still tasted and smelled perfumy. I'm hoping it has a slightly lighter flavor but the same nicotine kick to it.

Trying to judge the nic content of tobacco without some real chemical analysis is pretty subjective. It depends greatly on the person smoking it. Some people are pretty sensitive to nicotine while others (like me) can smoke just about anything and hardly notice it.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I agree with Sky's last paragraph. You smoke some raw Burley and you think you've just smoked the highest nicotine tobacco out there. But it's just harsh from lack of age rather than high nicotine. Burley really needs some age to it before it's smooth and it's not the reduction of nicotine that does it. One of the brainiacs can tell you what processes take place for it to taste smooth. Some varieties can be high in nicotine and still be smooth, while some can be high in nicotine and knock you down. It's hard to tell from just smoking.

skychaser

You smoke some raw Burley and you think you've just smoked the highest nicotine tobacco out there. But it's just harsh from lack of age rather than high nicotine. Burley really needs some age to it before it's smooth and it's not the reduction of nicotine that does it.

Exactly! Try some Burley 21 that is 2-3 months old and and when you finally quit coughing you will think it is the worst thing you ever put a match too! Try it again when its about a year old and it is delicious and you will want to grow more.

correction: Jasmine is the worst thing you will ever put a match too. Don't even both. It never gets better no matter how long it ages. But it is incredible for its flowers and scent! And it can't cross with your tobaccums.

winston-smoker

Trying to judge the nic content of tobacco without some real chemical analysis is pretty subjective. It depends greatly on the person smoking it. Some people are pretty sensitive to nicotine while others (like me) can smoke just about anything and hardly notice it.

Precisely my point when I asked the OP exactly what he expected for an answer ... you made the point more clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.