Whole Leaf Tobacco

Old Grower Is Back...and Missed Ya'll

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
its good to see new members on here, getting off the store bought baccy. and growing it thierselves,,, i havent posted in a good minute,, but i came on here, and did some lurking as a guest,,sen some nice grows,,i did a grow last season. but florida was so wet. my crop basically rotted in the field, i have a lot of trees lining my area, so it didnt get good wind flow, to dry the crop.. and bam here comes more rain,,,needless to say.. it turned into a '' seed only'' grow for me,
i plan on a crop this year,, hopefuly my seed is good, i havent done a test germination on them yet, normally this time of the year,, id have 400 plants at about 3'' tall,,, florida does have the first growing season, but APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS....after what happened last year. im gonna hold off on starting them so early,,
i'll proablly start them the 2'nd week of febuary... but do a test germination way before then,,im still the FERTILIZER MAN...still delivering tons of fertilizer daily to main farms,,, and got my personal stash of 1/2 ton of '' super rainbow'' tobaccoo fertilizer,,,, 6-6-18 and more chemical supplements/ weed killer/microbial boosting soil additives e.t.c. than u can shake a stick at<-------

looking forward to meeting you new growers,,,

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Good luck with your 2019 grow, Chicken. [Your forum join date was shortly after the Big Bang. Always good to hear what you're up to.]

Bob

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
not really doing a fall garden this year,,, gonna till my soil up, and get it ready for virginia jumbo p-nut's,,, got a crap-load of them for next year,,,, the baccy patch is seperate from the garden,,

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
im gonna have to make me a order, from the e f.t.t. store, cigg baccy,,,, and im looking for a light blend, any suggestions,??

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Nice I'm going to grow this year also (first tobacco grow). I am a Florida boy myself. I'm locate on the FL/AL line.
a nice place to be... im in lake city, right where, i-10 and I-75 cross,,,you could start your seeds '' now'' i like to let mine get 4'' tall in individual cups, [ i use 3'' square pots ] then i throw them in... MAKE SURE YOU USE A SYSTEMIC APHID prevention,,, in florida if you go unprotected, you'll definatlly get them bad,,, it's just our climate,

if you have any questions,, fell free to P.M. me,

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
yep... yesterday i brought home about 70 lbs. of mainlly a grass fertilizer, but the main ingrediant was ammonium nitrate, so im good with the nitrogen infusion i gave it,,, i'll let it get soaked in real good, then till it, and wait for the frost to be gone,

coachmike554

I was stationed at Cecil Field in Jacksonville Florida back in 1991. I know exactly were lake city is. :) I would be interested in What you recommend for aphids. As you said they are a big problem. For my. Vegetable gardens I always used seven dust powder on my garden. Or i would boil some habanaros in water and spray my plants with it. Still looking for what to use and where to purchase the insecticide needed for tobacco use. :)

coachmike554

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
youd proablly be cheaper to get that product, what i use is commercial grade and very costlly,, but i get the employee discount,, i'll post a pic of what i use,, it's dark right now and that stuffs in my chemical shed,,,it's called ADMIRE if u want to goggle it,

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i'll proablly start my seeds.. in 2 weeks,, i got a new garden toy,,, it's a old ass,, '' attachment puller'' right now it has a harrow blade on it,, but i got a couple of attachments that may work, i;ll mainnly use it as a ripper, then come back with the tiller,