Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Old news, but,,, Composition of Commercial Cigarettes

BrotherJ

There's a lot of misinformation in there, though the 50% / 30% / 20% figures are probably straight from the mouth of corporate reps. Do sugars need to be added to cigarettes? I don't add any to mine; no sweeteners, no glycol, no glycerin. Are cigarettes too harsh to smoke without chemical additives? I don't add any to mine. Unfinished leaf is harsh, but you can kiln it or just smoke better finished leaf. The ones I've been rolling lately have been primarily Krumovgrad or Katerini with just a little air-cured dark leaf mixed in. There are no additives and the smoke is plenty comfortable and tasty, even unfiltered. Without the filters, the smoke is only a little harsher but much tastier. I will eventually get away from inhaling. That's the part that multiplies medical problems in old age.

baccy

But you are smoking your tobacco, right? Of course you wouldnt add anything but the big tobacco is adding for sure tons of poison. And making the cigs more addictive.
Here even the most expensive brands Davidoff Dunhill Sobranie etc taste and smell straight plastic. I have been in the UK and was the same. I remember when I was a kid when next to someone smoking the aroma was much different than today cigarettes.

The ones I've been rolling lately have been primarily Krumovgrad or Katerini with just a little air-cured dark leaf mixed in. There are no additives and the smoke is plenty comfortable and tasty, even unfiltered. Without the filters, the smoke is only a little harsher but much tastier.
Nice one! I will grow Krumovgrad next year. I bought some before and it had very sophisticated taste and smell but no strenght.

baccy

As for the Krumovgrad, don't know what you mean by ''smokes like air'' If you reffer to the throat feeling, yes it does but otherwise taste and smell were very rich. At least that was my experience with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

BrotherJ

I haven't grown my own tobacco yet. I've been learning what the whole process looks like from beginning to end before doing it myself. I've got a few orientals in mind to grow next year, but Krumovgrad didn't make the short list. I bought my Krumovgrad from WLT. It's well finished and easy to smoke in a cigarette. It does have an oriental taste, but it doesn't seem very strong to me. If I roll a cigarette of pure Krumovgrad, it's lightly flavored and has no throat hit at all, even without a filter. In blending, it's pretty easy to overpower the Krumovgrad taste, so I've been using it as a base that I enhance gently with other leaf. I should probably note that I've always smoked "turkish" type cigarettes, so it could be that I'm just used to it and it takes a more pronounced flavor for me to notice.

Last edited:

BrotherJ

@Alpine I like curiosity. Thanks for asking. I anticipate that orientals will be about half of the grow. I wanted the kinds that could be used as spice and sweetener for blending, so I'm planning on growing prilep, xanthy, and canik. For the others, I'm planning on yellow twist bud, catterton, and costello negro. (I know that the orientals should be spaced much closer and I may be presented with a need to handle some plants differently than others at prime time.)