Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Oldfellas 2020 grow blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldfella

I think that was a thread a while back about what you can smoke without kilning/aging. Yellow twist bud was one and so was perique (the variety not the curing method), seems like little Dutch may have made the list too. The only one of the three I had growing at the time was perique (purchased from O'Neil seed company that I've since found out came from skychaser indirectly). I tried some and it was ok, but it still needed some time to mellow. No idea about the yellow twist bud but it's interesting there appears to be different views. Maybe leaf type (volado, viso, etc.) makes a difference.
Just kind of curious since yellow twist bud is a variety I recently started.
Those are some nice looking leaves @Oldfella
Hi Plantdude
You are right it's listed in the forum list at the begining.
Not hard to find, I found it so it must be easy.
Cheer's Oldfella

Radagast

Sorry about the late reply Radagast, I was away with the faires.
If you have a look at my post 67 above you can see my procedure. There are a number of days 20 or more. I too find Y.T.B. a bit harsh all buy himself this is why I blend with Virginia Gold, which air & sun cures nicely. V.G. is nice straight from the drying line, in fact it is very nice as soon as the leaves are a suitable colour. The blend I use is 20% Y.T.B. and 80% V.G.
The reason yours is a bit on the hard side probably has to do with your growing conditions. ie: weather, soil ect.
Oldfella
No worries!

Oldfella

Your knees are tuff too, was that from the hardware store incident? Hope you are recovering ok.
I'm getting over it, but the knee is from crashing in the doorway. Took almost an hour to get me up. But I didn't have to call the ambulance so that's a bonus. But #$it hurt. But never mind my daughter is coming up today with strapping grandson so, gunna build a kiln
Thanks for kind concern but I'll be good.

plantdude

I'm getting over it, but the knee is from crashing in the doorway. Took almost an hour to get me up. But I didn't have to call the ambulance so that's a bonus. But #$it hurt. But never mind my daughter is coming up today with strapping grandson so, gunna build a kiln
Thanks for kind concern but I'll be good.
Glad you are doing better. Knee injuries are no fun.
Put em to work:)

Oldfella

What on earth have you done?!
Is this revenge? :LOL:.Please! no more gruesome pics,I'm sorry I mentioned your slippers.I promise I like them.

Trying to be positive now,the colours kind of match.
O.K. I promise. No more gruesome pics. I'll stick to tobacco although I've seen some gruesome pics of that mold and so on.

Oldfella

Running around like a chicken with one leg here at the moment.
Getting my new plots ready, with help from chickens of course.
IMG_20201002_074949~2.jpg Even the blue collar workers have had to put on the overalls
and pitch in to lend a hand.
IMG_20201002_075003~2.jpg
Kiln construction is progressing well and I'll get something up that as soon as I can. I'll have to get my shiney new digga dig dig going soon so that'll be fun. Got to cut the grass before I can do that. I'll get a list of my plants up tomorrow I'm going to plant Yellow Twist Bud again this year and maybe Golden Harvest, as I like the taste of them.
Oldfella

plantdude

Running around like a chicken with one leg here at the moment.
Getting my new plots ready, with help from chickens of course.
View attachment 33603 Even the blue collar workers have had to put on the overalls
and pitch in to lend a hand.
View attachment 33604
Kiln construction is progressing well and I'll get something up that as soon as I can. I'll have to get my shiney new digga dig dig going soon so that'll be fun. Got to cut the grass before I can do that. I'll get a list of my plants up tomorrow I'm going to plant Yellow Twist Bud again this year and maybe Golden Harvest, as I like the taste of them.
Oldfella
Good job, put em to work! I started my chickens working Sunday, they are slowly making progress. Another week or two and they should have most of the grass killed off. I've not allowed mine to form a union yet, but I think 4 of them were plotting something back in the coop instead of working.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

plantdude

Good job, put em to work! I started my chickens working Sunday, they are slowly making progress. Another week or two and they should have most of the grass killed off. I've not allowed mine to form a union yet, but I think 4 of them were plotting something back in the coop instead of working.
View attachment 33606View attachment 33607View attachment 33608
Update - my feathered informant tells me it turns out they weren't hatching a plan in the coop, just having a hen party while on smoke break. Gotta keep an eye on them you know;)

Status
Not open for further replies.