Whole Leaf Tobacco

One leaf to roll them all..

Radagast

If you were to order one leaf from WLT for the purpose of rolling humble and enjoyable little stogies, enough to satisfy the economically challenged novice with an unrefined palate, what would you suggest? I'm asking for a friend.. (throat clear) So you have to fill, bind and wrap with just one pick.

ChinaVoodoo

If you were to order one leaf from WLT for the purpose of rolling humble and enjoyable little stogies, enough to satisfy the economically challenged novice with an unrefined palate, what would you suggest? I'm asking for a friend.. (throat clear) So you have to fill, bind and wrap with just one pick.
I was wondering how long we would have to wait for a LOTR reference mr brown.

Dominican binder. It works as a wrapper, binder and filler.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The challenge is that you need some wrapper leaf in there, but don't really want to pay wrapper prices for all your filler. It's certainly possible to find some usable "wrapper" half-leaves among a batch of "filler", but not always. The easy solution is to purchase any variety of binder. Lots of wrapper grade half-leaves, and costs more like filler. Vuelta Abajo, Olor (Dominican Binder), and MAYBE PA Binder [it's pretty strong for a puro].

I've used every imaginable leaf to make puros. Wrapper puros are often spectacular (e.g. Los Rios wrapper or Habano 92 wrapper) but your money goes, "poof!"

Bob

greygoose

The challenge is that you need some wrapper leaf in there, but don't really want to pay wrapper prices for all your filler. It's certainly possible to find some usable "wrapper" half-leaves among a batch of "filler", but not always. The easy solution is to purchase any variety of binder. Lots of wrapper grade half-leaves, and costs more like filler. Vuelta Abajo, Olor (Dominican Binder), and MAYBE PA Binder [it's pretty strong for a puro].

I've used every imaginable leaf to make puros. Wrapper puros are often spectacular (e.g. Los Rios wrapper or Habano 92 wrapper) but your money goes, "poof!"

Bob
Hey Bob, I was wondering about that when I was making my first purchase. A bit of a noob question, is the new Habano 92 wrapper grown in Nicaragua? and whats the difference between the Habano 92 and 2000 other than the obvious wrapper size?

plantdude

Hey Bob, I was wondering about that when I was making my first purchase. A bit of a noob question, is the new Habano 92 wrapper grown in Nicaragua? and whats the difference between the Habano 92 and 2000 other than the obvious wrapper size?
If it's the same habano 2000 that came in the Terroso Profundo kit then it's a nice quality dark brown wrapper leaf with a slightly spicy flavor. No idea about the origins or how it compares to habano 92, but it has a nice flavor. The pics are two cigars I rolled last night with the habano 2000 wrapper. My rolling skills still leave a lot to be desired, but it should give you an idea of the color anyway.
image.jpeg

greygoose

If it's the same habano 2000 that came in the Terroso Profundo kit then it's a nice quality dark brown wrapper leaf with a slightly spicy flavor. No idea about the origins or how it compares to habano 92, but it has a nice flavor. The pics are two cigars I rolled last night with the habano 2000 wrapper. My rolling skills still leave a lot to be desired, but it should give you an idea of the color anyway.
View attachment 33591
Nice I like those dark brown wrappers, might just buy a lb next time to try