Whole Leaf Tobacco

Payment processor games.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Payments are being flagged because of the words "Cubano" and "Habano" causing delays in shipping. The titles of products using these names have been modified.
From now on, Habano and Cubano will be abbreviated to "Hab." and Cubano has been removed, so Piloto Cubano is now "Piloto".

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Last month, I ordered 10 bales of cigar leaf from the DR. The order was processed, fumigated, inspected by the Dominican Republic custom department and shipped to the airport. Once it got to the airport, the cargo was inspected again and then flown to Miami. After getting to Miami, it was inspected by The United States Department of Homeland Security and again by US Customs. It was then picked up by my Import broker and readied for shipment to Ohio. The cargo was accepted by the trucking company YRC to ship to Akron. Three days in transit through various terminals on the way. The cargo gets to Akron Ohio and some social justice warrior decides that my cargo is a tobacco "product" and YRC does not ship "tobacco products" and refuses to deliver my tobacco. The cargo was then shipped back to Miami where the broker found a company who would actually deliver my tobacco.

...and you guys wonder why I'm testy.

GreenDragon

Since another "leaf" is much more socially acceptable all of a sudden, you should rename your products in the following manner: Grandma's Purple Hair, Green Cat Piss #9, Groovy yellow caterpillar... No more problems! :LOL:

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I try to discourage discussions of religion on the forum. But anti-tobacco beliefs bring some people very close to a religious outrage at things tobacco. But this mindless zeal has been growing steadily for at least a couple of decades now.

In the summer of 1998, my oldest brother as well as my son and I were preparing for a multi-day backpacking trek from Damascus, Virginia down into North Carolina. Now, one piece of survival gear that is a genuine no-brainer is a Bic lighter--the most useful and least expensive survival item anywhere. [At least, that was the opinion of the instructors at the USAF Survival School, when I got my training, way back in 1982. You can drop it into a bucket of water, and as soon as the flint dries, it lights right up.] We were picking up last minute things at Mt. Rogers Outfitters.

employee: "What can I help you find?'
Me: "I need three Bic lighters."
employee: Face goes flaccid. He lowers his head. After a pause, says, "We don't carry those. You really shouldn't be smoking on the trail."

This employee, and probably everyone working at that outfitters, deemed the Bic lighter to be morally corrupt and unclean. A tobacco product. Something to be shunned. Haram! (They did sell flint and steel.)

Bob