Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pics of your ashtrays

Oldfella

Oldfella
I thought this might be interesting, I keep seeing ashtrays in the background of Pic of your sticks so let's see your ashtrays.

Jeff
Here's mine. Made by me a million years ago. It just after leaving school and doing my apprenticeship as a fitter. We done casting of assorted
Metals.
IMG_20200629_115033.jpg

Aluminum is the metal.
IMG_20200629_115058.jpg

Not flash but it will last a long time. Out live me anyway.
Oldfella

ChinaVoodoo

DSC_0450~2.JPG

I found this in a back alley. It's made in Canada and lights up on the bottom as well as via the glass shades up top. The ashtrays were missing so I found these glass ones which work good for cigars with the wider rests. I've seen different originals from the same maker and the ashtrays were similar to the canisters on the side which I assume are for matches.

tullius

I've never seen those stinky style pots, ever. Took a look at their website. The stirrups that clip on a can are pretty neat, might have to get or make one for the shop.

Mathaious12

I have been holding off posting to this thread due to the recent loss I've experienced. Suffice it to say computer cords, extension cords, dogs, and a delivery man can equal disaster. Best $4 thrift store find, it will be missed.

20200702_143832.jpg

Now that it's been the appropriate mourning time, here is what I'm working with now.

20200702_150250.jpg

Jim D

@Jim D, the wooden ashtrays look lovely. How do combustible ashtrays survive?

Bob
So far so good! They are a couple years old now. The poplar in the top one shows some discoloration, but the walnut doesn't seem affected.
I don't put the cherry right in contact with the wood while I want to continue smoking, and when I'm done it just goes out.