Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pics of your ashtrays

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
It's kind of disappointing that your 21" ashtray has just legs, instead of swivel casters with locking brakes. Stunning nonetheless.

I had a 2 once. Gave it to a girl. Stupid.
Two dollar bills are intended exclusively for grandparents to give to their grandchildren. Impressive, but cost only $2.

Bob

CobGuy

82Kr97o.jpg

Moth

I requested Grandma's ashtray when she passed. It's very old.

I don't get to use it much. Don't smoke cigarettes. Can't smoke inside. Taking it outside for a cigar is a chore as the floor is easier.

Makes me smile looking at it though. Brings back memories of Dunhill smoke, a prim lady and a hidden, well stocked drinking cabinet :ROFLMAO:
20200710_190817.jpg

Oldfella

I requested Grandma's ashtray when she passed. It's very old.

I don't get to use it much. Don't smoke cigarettes. Can't smoke inside. Taking it outside for a cigar is a chore as the floor is easier.

Makes me smile looking at it though. Brings back memories of Dunhill smoke, a prim lady and a hidden, well stocked drinking cabinet :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 31571
Nice. I can picture a group of older ladies sitting around smoking happily, cups of tea, coffee, and gossiping about the new niegbours.
Oldfella

tullius

Not mine, but anyone here have one?
art deco belmet rollodor.jpg

The Belmet, Rollodor model, from the twenties or thirties. The bottom is heavily weighted (17 lbs.) so that it's auto self righting, rolls on wheels that act independently, ash bowl pushes down to empty, and the center shaft cylinder lid pushes up to reveal match storage. Last two features are spring loaded in some examples.

I believe these were originally made for use on trains, and the Rollodor is mentioned in the book The Thin Man. Sadly, it didn't make an appearance in any of the movies.

One of these was recently listed fairly locally on craigslist, but seller wanted many mints for it. They do come up for sale from time to time.

The manufacturer also made non rolling models.

Status
Not open for further replies.