Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pics of your sticks!! 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcL

Did you box press your cigars in an LFD box? I'm not familiar with the 'double press' but it looks to me like the cigars in the bottom compartments are are LFD factory and the upper ones are your own? Regardless, they look fantastic!
https://i.imgur.com/f8kwmeV.jpg

Not entirely but, you see I do use the inserts between molds in the press. These are all mine but, I do have a half box of real ones.

LFD dbl press can still be had though.

The spanish cedar LFD uses is quality and imparts a nice note. After 40+ hours in the press they go in the box to rest.

FrostD

Time to enjoy.
Blend #125
Wrapper: WLT Corojo Oscuro
Binder: WLT Dominican Olor
Filler: WLT ASP Nicaraguan Ligero
WLT Dominican Olor Ligero
WLT Nicaraguan Condega Seco 2014
(50% Seco to 25% of each Ligero)
(Filler rolled entubado)
Date wrapped and started sitting: 5/23/21

FB5A37E5-344D-4222-8D52-E207A8CB87F4.jpeg

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Garden20210716_5856_cigar_FLSumatra_700v.jpg

I grew this FL Sumatra in 2016. Unlike CT Shade wrapper, Sumatra varieties tend to grow thinner leaf without having to be tricked into it. I have grown CT Shade in full sun, and the leaf is not useable as a wrapper (thick, rippled). FL Sumatra fairly reliably produces suitable wrappers in full sun. They will grow much larger under shade.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Garden20210719_5876_cigar_PilotoCubano_700.jpg

This is all home-grown. The 3 year-old Piloto Cubano bottom leaves are huge and tissue paper thin. But all of them have a scattershot of pinholes. For this cigar, I trimmed an impressively large half-leaf into 3 layers of wrapper, to obstruct the pinholes. No binder. The filler is Corojo 99 plus a snippet of oscuro Olor.

Bob

willgodwin

Garden20210716_5856_cigar_FLSumatra_700v.jpg

I grew this FL Sumatra in 2016. Unlike CT Shade wrapper, Sumatra varieties tend to grow thinner leaf without having to be tricked into it. I have grown CT Shade in full sun, and the leaf is not useable as a wrapper (thick, rippled). FL Sumatra fairly reliably produces suitable wrappers in full sun. They will grow much larger under shade.

Bob
Great to know! I plan on growing Tobacco for the first time next year and FL Sumatra is on the buy list. I cant seem to put your book down, even bought it for a few friends!

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Garden20210726_5913_cigar_PilotoCubanoPuro_700.jpg

This leaf is from my 2019 crop (16 plants). After 8 weeks in the kiln, and a total of 18 months of age, the Piloto Cubano was still tasting raw. Magically, at 2 years, it has decided to become smooth and delicious. I pulled 3 large leaves out of the top of the bag, and selected the most intact one to serve as binder and wrapper. I find it interesting that each variety has its own schedule of required aging. Corojo 99 is ready first, then Olor, then Piloto Cubano. My Criollo (original Cuban) has demanded up to 3 years to play nice.

[When cigar advertising brags about 3 years of aging, it may simply be that it tasted like crap until it had been aged for 3 years.]

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Garden20210728_5917_cigar_CVBlackLigero_700.jpg

This half-leaf of WLT CV Black ligero filler was hydrated for a few hours and trimmed to use as a binder. It stretched so nicely that I decided I didn't really need a wrapper. The burn of this as wrapper is adequate, even though I did not hesitate to light it up immediately after rolling it. It could use either a bit of drying or a more combustible layer above or below it.

Bob

FrostD

Took some time to enjoy a home roll that’s been sitting for a couple months while cooking dinner. Ended up finishing off one of my favorite rye bourbons with it!

My little review:
Outside of my wrapper unraveling a touch around the head of the cigar, the blend turned out to be one to nub at least for my tastes. Will have to roll up more to let rest.

Blend #102
Wrap date: 2/24/21

Wrapper: WLT Ecuador Los Rios
Binder: WLT Sumatra
Filler: 2/5= WLT Peru Seco
2/5= WLT T-13 Viso
1/5= WLT Peru Ligero

6852B8A3-D75B-44AD-A0A9-BFA3A62986B4.jpeg

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Garden20210730_5936_cigar_Olor_deltaVariant_700.jpg

I thought it was all hype. But I can assure you this is nothing like the seasonal flue-cured. Reduced taste and smell. And it's spread over the leaf was as fast as chickenpox. It looks like it may need intensive care lotion. This cigar has been double-masked. I can only hope for the best at this point.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.