Pics of your sticks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcL

E6ToxKi.jpg

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
A large, Star-capsule shaped cigar that I rolled today suffered an anomaly during a test burn. Smoke could be clearly seen for over an hour. An investigation is underway.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Garden20190422_4238_cigar_HabanoMaduro_700.jpg

The filler in this little guy is entirely WLT Vuelta Abajo binder. [I know. That makes me a bad person.] It's enclosed in a double Besuki binder, and wrapped in Habano Maduro, which miraculously transforms into dark EMS.

A delicious thing.

And in keeping with Cuban-like tobaccos from elsewhere, the background of this photo is a Navajo-like woven blanket handmade in Mexico.

Bob

GreenDragon

Today I’m smoking a home roll I call Treebeard. It’s a mix of Dominican, Florida Sumatra, and Corojo 99. In an attempt to make a mildly flavored cigar, I used Kentucky Bourbon as the casing, and sprinkled in a pinch of Cult Blood Red Moon pipe tobacco in the filler as it was rolled. It’s been aging about 2 months now and I had to try one out. Utterly delicious! The bourbon really smooths the edges and gives a slight vanilla, and you get some cherry pop up occasionally from the BRM. Going to have to roll some more of this!

Regulars will have noticed all my pics tend to have the same background, as I always smoke my stogies and pipe in the same place: sitting in a bar height chair in my back yard next to my outdoor grill area. In case anyone is curious, I’ve supplied a pic from the other side for perspective. Everything you see was built by me; the stone patio, decking, countertop, and fence. I spend all day at a desk in front of a computer at work, so I spend as much time in my little yard as I can when at home.

F2E716C8-AC79-4BC6-9EA7-6929199C5B76.jpeg

4F3EC16F-E61E-4A6E-83BC-B8E936B9E4A8.jpeg

CobGuy

Excellent spot to chill out and a great grilling area!
I'm going to have to try adding a small amount of pipe filler next time … perhaps some Sutliff J4 Burley.
Enjoy and have a great weekend! :)

~Darin

WildSevenz

Well, it's seems the real work is in getting all the leaf to proper case, followed by learning how to get a firm draw. The first cigar my friend burned, and the second I burned. Will be better once drier but I'm happy with them, and so was my friend. Certainly purchased sticks that tasted far far worse. Draw was a bit light but burned down to the nub...so I cannot complain. There is a trick in the angle of the wrapper, certainly when the veins kinds curve on ya. Lots to learn. Thanks for all the suggestions and help. 2743327434

Status
Not open for further replies.