Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pics of your sticks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Garden20191107_4853_cigar_Cameroon_700.jpg

Some accidents are good. Prior to my last complete kiln run, I found 3 orphaned leaves somewhere (on the floor, or maybe in an otherwise empty bushel basket in the shed--I can't remember). They were different from one another, and were not labeled in any way. This was from my 2018 grow. Being a charitable sort, I tossed them into a bag, and added that mystery batch to the kiln run. They came out about a week ago.

This morning, I saw them in their little bag, awaiting some disposition. One leaf looks like Corojo 99, one looks like Piloto Cubano, and the final one (a darker one) is anybody's guess. I frog-legged all three, and wrapped them in a double-binder of an undersized WLT Cameroon wrapper.

I'm smoking it as I type this. It lit well and burns well. Nicotine strength is mild to medium. It is as smooth as butter--real butter. It doesn't hold an ash very well, but who cares. I just tip it frequently so it doesn't end up on my keyboard--real keyboard.

Bob

waikikigun

Garden20191107_4853_cigar_Cameroon_700.jpg

Some accidents are good. Prior to my last complete kiln run, I found 3 orphaned leaves somewhere (on the floor, or maybe in an otherwise empty bushel basket in the shed--I can't remember). They were different from one another, and were not labeled in any way. This was from my 2018 grow. Being a charitable sort, I tossed them into a bag, and added that mystery batch to the kiln run. They came out about a week ago.

This morning, I saw them in their little bag, awaiting some disposition. One leaf looks like Corojo 99, one looks like Piloto Cubano, and the final one (a darker one) is anybody's guess. I frog-legged all three, and wrapped them in a double-binder of an undersized WLT Cameroon wrapper.

I'm smoking it as I type this. It lit well and burns well. Nicotine strength is mild to medium. It is as smooth as butter--real butter. It doesn't hold an ash very well, but who cares. I just tip it frequently so it doesn't end up on my keyboard--real keyboard.

Bob
What does "--real keyboard" mean? Piano? Synthesizer? Harpsichord? Computer? Other?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
That looks great for a first roll. I'm certain that you will come to find your enjoyment of home-rolled cigars is greater with actual cigar leaf varieties, rather than fronto and grabba, which tend to be intense.

Bob

waikikigun

MysticMapacho

That looks great for a first roll. I'm certain that you will come to find your enjoyment of home-rolled cigars is greater with actual cigar leaf varieties, rather than fronto and grabba, which tend to be intense.

Bob
Thanks Bob, I’m hoping it’s not just beginners luck.

I’ve got some proper cigar leaf on the way. I’m going to give this a good try.

ChinaVoodoo

For the first time in my life, I'm rolling more than I'm smokingDSC_0545~2.JPG

. I bound ten 41s, and ten 34s, then wrapped 5 of each with Habano 2000 (top), and 5 of each with Honduran wrapper (bottom).

I dig the flavor of the Honduran. (I hear there isn't any left.) But it's hard to work with because it's got thick veins.

MysticMapacho

My first attempt at rolling.
I used what I had on hand just to see if cigar rolling and smoking could be something I could get into.
Glasgow Magistrate aged wrapper
Light burley + Maryland 609 filler

Not sure if it’ll be a good smoke but I’ll see in a few days. View attachment 28864View attachment 28866
Tried smoking this cigar today. It definitely smoked way too strong!:sick:
I couldn’t even smoke an eighth of it. But with that being said fortunately it burned evenly and had good draw.
Tomorrow my proper cigar tobacco arrives so I’ll give it another shot. Super excited to give making and smoking cigars an earnest try.

Status
Not open for further replies.