Pics of your sticks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathaious12

Trying olor for the first time:

2 olor seco
1 olor ligero
Sumatra binder and wrapper

I chose Sumatra since it seems to be pretty neutral in flavor, and I really wanted to get an impression of the olor.
View attachment 29550

I get mild, salty, and dry black tea. I think this could be very nice with some Corojo. Great choice for milder cigars.

Every time I use the Olor ligero as a binder it bring a noticable chocolate flavor, and as the wrapper it becomes even more pronounced.

waikikigun

2 olor seco
1 olor ligero

I chose Sumatra since it seems to be pretty neutral in flavor, and I really wanted to get an impression of the olor.
View attachment 29550

I get mild, salty, and dry black tea. I think this could be very nice with some Corojo. Great choice for milder cigars.
I find Sumatra to have a pretty distinct flavor. It's one of the leaves I can usually identify if it's in a cigar. Sweeter than most, for one thing.

tullius

2 olor seco
1 olor ligero

View attachment 29550

good lookin burn on that one..

PressuredLeaf

I’m digging the olor, the flavor definitely amped up towards the end, but still remained very mild. Interesting to hear about the chocolate, that’s one of my favorite cigar flavors. I could see this going well with a rich st andres wrapper or binder.

To be honest, I’ve never smoked the Sumatra alone. I get what you mean by sweetness, but I don’t think my palate is trained enough to pick it out. Overall I get generic “cigar” from it.

Thanks Tullius, I’m finally getting a hang for the right amount of tobacco for my mold. Also the super thin Sumatra burns like a champ.

waikikigun

That sounds distinct from the Bezuki? I have yet to try the binder.
Yeah, I reckon it is. Come to think of it I have tried the WLT Bezuki, 4 or 5 years ago, and it wasn't sweetish; it was pretty neutral. The Sumatra I have is FX Smith stuff I got from Webmost a few years ago. Serves as binder, wrapper, and "garnish," for sweetening.

waikikigun

All of their cigars under the FX Smith label tasted sweetened. Those they made for Muniemaker were not sweetened.

Bob
I only ever had a CT Shade corona or two. I've used various of their raw leaf, though, thanks to Webmost. Only the Sumatra, as a leaf, tasted sweetish. I can't really say the coronas did, but I'm not much of a taster.

PressuredLeaf

Every time I use the Olor ligero as a binder it bring a noticable chocolate flavor, and as the wrapper it becomes even more pronounced.
@ Mathaious12 My Dad was in town today so I thought I’d roll two cigars for us. I ended up following your olor advice. No pictures but the sticks were:
1 olor seco
1 olor ligero
1 Coro seco
Olor binder
St andres wrapper

Loved the stick, lots of baking spice and salt, with a very noticeable coco/ chocolate mid way through the stick . Great recommendation with the olor ligero binder. Probably my favorite blend so far, my dad liked it too.

Nathan Esq

@ Mathaious12 My Dad was in town today so I thought I’d roll two cigars for us. I ended up following your olor advice. No pictures but the sticks were:
1 olor seco
1 olor ligero
1 Coro seco
Olor binder
St andres wrapper

Loved the stick, lots of baking spice and salt, with a very noticeable coco/ chocolate mid way through the stick . Great recommendation with the olor ligero binder. Probably my favorite blend so far, my dad liked it too.
I'm glad you mentioned salt, because I've been picking up salt here and there and thought something was wrong with my tastebuds.

Mathaious12

1 olor seco
1 olor ligero
1 Coro seco
Olor binder
St andres wrapper

Glad to hear you liked it, I wish I could take full credit for that but @waikikigun turned me on to the Olor puros for first starting out rolling and blending.

A good burning binder is on my "to buy next" list as the best tasting one I have made so far is that same filler mix with the ligero as the wrapper. It had some burn issues but was worth it for the flavors. I don't think the seco binder I used burned well enough to support such a thick wrapper.

PressuredLeaf

I'm glad you mentioned salt, because I've been picking up salt here and there and thought something was wrong with my tastebuds.
I definitely get salt/ mineral flavors from many commercial dom and Cuban cigars. It seems
like the olor has a bit more of it.

Glad to hear you liked it, I wish I could take full credit for that but @waikikigun turned me on to the Olor puros for first starting out rolling and blending.

A good burning binder is on my "to buy next" list as the best tasting one I have made so far is that same filler mix with the ligero as the wrapper. It had some burn issues but was worth it for the flavors. I don't think the seco binder I used burned well enough to support such a thick wrapper.

I had a great burn with the ligero as the binder and a rather thick st andres wrapper. I do have some wlt Sumatra binder that is thinner than tissue paper, it burns very well. Maybe a Sumatra binder and olor ligero wrapper?

Status
Not open for further replies.