Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pics of your sticks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim D

Wayne and I were hanging out in the back 40 having a dart.

View attachment 29619

All WLT: Piloto Cubano Ligero, T-13 Ligero, Corojo seco, Vuelta Abejo binder, Cuban seed wrapper.

Must have been good ‘cause the wife rated it a 7.5/10 on the stink-o-meter ;)

(“I can still smell it!” she grumbles in the back ground)
My wife always fusses whenever I have any Corojo leaf in my cigar. It's a bummer because I really like the leaf....

tullius

My wife always fusses whenever I have any Corojo leaf in my cigar. It's a bummer because I really like the leaf....

I sometimes blend cigars of nothing but different types of corojo. They taste and smell pretty dang good: very floral and medio to mas fuerte. Are you sure it's the corojo?

tullius

filler is equal proportions of rene seco, corojo viso, san vicente ligero. these are bound with sumatra. think light with CT shade.

waikikigun

Those are great! I just smoked an FX Smith Sumatra-wrapped stick that was excellent, and yes, sweet. I'm curious now how the WLT compares to the FX Smith, even though I recall well what the ~2015 WLT was like.

I think you could pawn off a 6.6x46 on anyone and say, "Here's a Churchill," and they'd say, "Gee, thanks!", certain they were holding something 7x47 in their delighted little fingers. (Except me: I'd say, "Dude, what is this, like 6.5x46? :sneaky: "

waikikigun

Sometimes when I think I'll probably never smoke a real Behike 56, I just roll my own 6.5x56 and call it a day.

pEQtzT5.jpg

ChinaVoodoo

I've had a couple Behikes, and they were pretty fricking awesome. I've never rolled anything that good, but I've rolled plenty better than the normal-ass poorly roled regular cohibas, and at less than $3 a pop for home rolled, I'd say that's a pretty good testimony for WLT.

tullius

Those are great! I just smoked an FX Smith Sumatra-wrapped stick that was excellent, and yes, sweet. I'm curious now how the WLT compares to the FX Smith
Thanks. Still working on form and substance.

It would be interesting to compare the fx and wlt sumatras, almost have to have them side by side. My guess is the wlt is much less sweet, at least that's my take having not had the other. I'm still looking for a good blending combo with sumatra as binder or wrapper: found a couple that were OK, but think I can do better.

More research!

waikikigun

Thanks. Still working on form and substance.

It would be interesting to compare the fx and wlt sumatras, almost have to have them side by side. My guess is the wlt is much less sweet, at least that's my take having not had the other. I'm still looking for a good blending combo with sumatra as binder or wrapper: found a couple that were OK, but think I can do better.

More research!
Not really usable info, but I'll tell you what I blended with that excellent FX Smith Indo Sumatra wrapper:

Single binder, probably Habano, 3-4 CVVA Habanbo seco, 1 WLT C98 Ligero (didn't mark whether it was the old one or the newskool stuff).

Lately I've had almost zero luck with those fillers (I think because I no longer have the Olor binder that I used in a once-great blend), but in this case I was pleasantly surprised. It was light-medium, spicy, and sweet, what I would call a perfect Sumatra-wrapped concept.

tullius

I'm still looking for a good blending combo with sumatra as binder or wrapper

Single binder, probably Habano

Burned one of those recent robusto rolls last night: filler was equal parts CV dominican seco, piloto viso, corojo ligero bound with nic condega seco wrapped in sumatra. Not too shabby, better than all sumatra variations I've tried before.

Last edited by a moderator:

GreenDragon

Short wrapping session last night. Continuing my Letterkenny (Hulu) theme of labels/blends. The "Stewart!" blend came about because I was frustrated one night trying out a new blend. My allergies were preventing me from tasting much, and I though I had made a fairly strong stick to compensate. No flavor at all. So I marched back into the garage and rolled a stick using all Ligero filler. I was actually surprised that it burned well, and tasted pretty good to me! So I went back in and rolled a few more to try again later. The "Katy Kat" is a kinder, gentler version using all Viso filler that I finished last night with Rosado wrappers. I use PowerPoint to design the wrappers.

IMG_0884.jpg

Labels LK.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.