Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pics of your sticks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tullius

result: exterior ain't pretty, I must've really struggled with this leaf, but holy moly is this a good smoke. Perfect draw, good burn. Spicy sweet, cedar, a wisp of cream. Wish I had a monte no. 4 right now, mostly because who doesn't want a monte no. 4, but also to compare this to.

I think this one would still fall short: not enough cedar or custard. But, it's in the ballpark from memory.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Garden20200626_5188_cigar_Cameroon_700a.jpg

Rolled while my morning coffee dripped. Carefully rested until the spoon used to stir the milk into the coffee had been rinsed.

Smoking my Piloto Cubano straight is often somewhat edgy, if not harsh. The addition of Nicaragua Habano viso and the double Cameroon transforms it. I rolled the same thing late yesterday, without thinking about it much. About half-way through smoking it, I paused what I was doing, to note how remarkable the blend tasted, and struggled to recall what had gone into it. (During the summer, I'm rolling and smoking 5 plus cigars a day, and often just grabbing a bit of this and a bit of that, without much analytic consideration. Damn near everything tastes better to me than the majority of commercial sticks, but this particular blend stood out.) Something unique happens with this blend.

Bob

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Garden20200628_5205_cigar_FLSumatra2014_Jamastran_700.jpg

This 6 year old lug wrapper is just about the thinnest and most delicate wrapper I've ever used. So the double Jamastran binder does all the compression work.

The wrapper is as smooth as butter (doesn't taste like butter). Overall, the cigar reminds me of some of the mildest and smoothest Dominican Monte Cristos I've smoked, though its nicotine is higher, and the aroma more complex and satisfying. A nice final smoke for the evening.

Bob

RexLaughlin

June 27: 2 criollo 98 seco, 1 corojo ligero. Wood pressed in 44rg, except for #5 which was just a tad too big, so I wrapped in paper. 1-3 Sumatra binder, 4-6 Nic binder. All wrapped in Hab 2K, except for #5, MSA wrapper. I really am liking this simple blend. Not really liking how the visual 'smoothness' of the cigar turned out. All rolled entubado, and I remember having to go back and fill in some thin spots. I think maybe I over filled those areas resulting in the bumps and dips. :( lol

6.27.jpg

Jim D

My press....
20200629_175901.jpg
I knew I kept those old books and catalogs for something!

Simple blend of Piloto ligero and viso, criollo ligero, bound with T13. Forgot to get some seco prepped so I'm skipping it this time....

Jim D

Mid-Morning Chores

Chore #1: Select ingredients

Garden20200630_5206_cigar_ingredients_600.jpg

Chore #2: Stem and roll

Garden20200630_5208_cigar_ingredientsAssembled_600.jpg

Chore #3: Clip foot

Garden20200630_5209_cigar_clipped_600.jpg

Chore #4: Smoke

Bob
I always skipped step 3 until one day as I lit up a smoke in my car and one of those frayed parts fell on my car seat between my legs. As I went to brush it away, it melted through the surface and down into the foam...I wound up getting a blob of spit on my finger to shove in the hole and extinguish the growing embers in my car seat!
Now I light up on concrete floors or cut the foot when I cut the head if I'm to light up in the car....

Oldfella

I always skipped step 3 until one day as I lit up a smoke in my car and one of those frayed parts fell on my car seat between my legs. As I went to brush it away, it melted through the surface and down into the foam...I wound up getting a blob of spit on my finger to shove in the hole and extinguish the growing embers in my car seat!
Now I light up on concrete floors or cut the foot when I cut the head if I'm to light up in the car....
Hmm!! Perhaps we should have step 5 then you could tip a little bit of coffee between your legs, carefully though, or there could be a disaster.
However it's a nice looking cigar our friend has rolled.
Cheers
Oldfella

Status
Not open for further replies.