Pics of your sticks!! 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcL

https://i.imgur.com/L003i45.jpg
..rinse and repeat.
https://i.imgur.com/y29L6mu.jpg

MarcL

@MarcL How does the ‘12 compare to the ‘13? I was going to add some ‘13 to my next order here soon and *poof* gone. Lol. Onto the 2012 stock.
It is fine, delicate and I'll say richer then a Ecuador CT seed. This is my first dive into it and its a bold reach. I do like the lip. Not a big fan of a CT CT shade lip but, I was not able to compare it to the Brazil 2013.

FrostD

It is fine, delicate and I'll say richer then a Ecuador CT seed. This is my first dive into it and its a bold reach. I do like the lip. Not a big fan of a CT CT shade lip but, I was not able to compare it to the Brazil 2013.

Good to know! Appreciate your input!

mbatini

- Slightly higher wrapper case
- Left the doll to dry in the mold
- Stretching a little bit more in both directions when rolling (yes, I've broken some)
- Narrower strip of wrapper

smooth.jpgcigarbox.jpg

Again, wrapper leaf tip needs attention, but they draw well, look better and are great tasting cigars!

Great suggestions, as usual, from all the members.

Now I have to work in the direction of 'uniform distribution' and 'sensing' of the bunch.

FrostD

- Slightly higher wrapper case
- Left the doll to dry in the mold
- Stretching a little bit more in both directions when rolling (yes, I've broken some)
- Narrower strip of wrapper

View attachment 35492View attachment 35493

Again, wrapper leaf tip needs attention, but they draw well, look better and are great tasting cigars!

Great suggestions, as usual, from all the members.

Now I have to work in the direction of 'uniform distribution' and 'sensing' of the bunch.

They look good in my book! Caps look nice and sturdy and it looks like very little to no wrapper seams I can notice. Have you found that using a narrower strip of wrapper has helped when rolling?

mbatini

They look good in my book! Caps look nice and sturdy and it looks like very little to no wrapper seams I can notice. Have you found that using a narrower strip of wrapper has helped when rolling?
Yes @FrostD, 2-2,5'' wide wrapper is enough. Now I ONLY need to focus on the even distribution of the filler, the right amount of glue, the time for a good level of maturation after high casing the wrapper, which casing level for the filler (too near to dry makes difficult entubado ... ), etc etc. Surely a nice path :)

Have a great day
Mauro

FrostD

Yes @FrostD, 2-2,5'' wide wrapper is enough. Now I ONLY need to focus on the even distribution of the filler, the right amount of glue, the time for a good level of maturation after high casing the wrapper, which casing level for the filler (too near to dry makes difficult entubado ... ), etc etc. Surely a nice path :)

Have a great day
Mauro

I’m getting there myself on the wrapper. Some days/wrappers better than others. It’s pretty fun seeing how different each one can be, amongst other factors such as casing level/ time left to case. I’ve also had my fair share of crumbly filler and have been exploring doing a slight spritz or two and let my “session batch” sit for a few hours. Patience has been pretty key for me... which can sometimes be a struggle.

MarcL

@mbatini Nice work. In prep for filler, I will case up past (over case) assembly case to flatten/get the kinks out/sort so as to prevent crumbling. Then, case down to the proper assembly case level (still pliable and not to wet) to create the consistent bunch density to bind.
Let the doll dry to a level before wrapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.