Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pipe tobacco blend contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Same as the rest of these contests.

First seven people with experience in smoking pipe tobacco, please send (PM) me your address (domestic only please) and I'll send you up to 6 - 1/2 lb. bags of tobacco of your choice in order to create new WLT Pipe Blends. This offer includes regular stock cigar fillers. Latakia will be limited to 1/4 lb.

I'm out of stock on Fire Cured and Burley, so keep that in mind. If these two types are integral in most blends, then we might just have to wait until they are available.

holyRYO

Great idea having pipe blends! Nowhere on your site do you attract pipe smokers, this will get their attention!

If anything, I think the full flavors of your "cigarette" leaf are even better suited to the pipe. From what I read in pipe forums, they seem to have a stigma against anything labled cigarette tobacco, when the basic leaf is really the same. I know cigarette smokers think pipe tobacco is somthing unsmokable in a cigarette, when many of the pipe tobaccos make some of the best cigarettes- GH Virginia, GH Kentucky, GH Dark, Orlik Golden Sliced, Mac Baren ODF, Five Brothers, and Prince Albert to name only some. Quality leaf is quality leaf, no matter how you smoke it, and yours is the best.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I haven't made any pipe blends so I don't have dog in the hunt. However, jojjas makes some kickass pipe blends. Can the contest be opened to overseas contestants if they pay shipping?

jojjas

It would be real fun to participate in this , but i do understand the problems whit this , it could ruin Don finances (shipping cost for 4 lbs of whole leaf to sweden is approx 55$,) and also it take a lot of time to ship the baccy across the pond and back again , it could be a customs problem to it as well
But it would be a real fun challenge in this , but due to this problems maybe its best solution that i am not involved
Mikael

Desertpipe

This sounds like a good challenge, and would vote to hold off for the arrival of Burley, which adds good smoke volume to many pipe tobacco blends. Personally, I tend toward Virginia and Virginia/Perique blends with whole leaf, but have taken to adding Orientals to some of what I have been trying. Cigar leaf is still a minor component is my blends, derived from damaged cigars. I expect I would have difficulty in a competition with those of you that have a long term relationship with whole leaf.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I think I'll hold off until I get some Burley in. It seems as though I miscalculated the use of Burley in traditional blends.

I'll bump this thread when the time comes, but please feel free to send me a PM with your requested tobaccos along with your Name (would be nice) and address.

JitterbugDude is going to run a competition with the blends, but I'll get into that more when the time comes.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Is a Snus-Blend contest coming up as well ? :rolleyes:
Mr Green.. as soon as the "snus master" (that's you) can come up with a plan, then you can run a snus contest. The problem, as I see it is that you would have to get a bunch of people to send your their snus samples, then you would have to send several of each version to each participant. Might cost a lot of Swedish dollars to send back and forth across the pond.

smokinghole

How long until you think the dark fired and burley will be back?

I'm interested but don't want to put my name in the hat for something like this just yet. I just ordered a bunch to play with at home. Depending on my abilities I'd be down for something like this later on.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
I would love this contest as well, I have some Burley in the roaster for Cavendish now. I think desertpipe had some of My Cavendish blend as well as some other folks at pipe nite. Fresh Cavendish is great blended with Latakia.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I believe the intent of this contest is to make a pipe blend with tobaccos sold by WLT. No processing allowed. That way Don could put together a "pipe" package of tobacco that someone could order, mix and smoke without having to turn any of it in to Perique, Latakia or Cavendish.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Great idea!

If everything can be combined in a twist that's still an agricultural product right? Or is twisted tobacco a tobacco product? But if you could sell the blend at the point where I just need to process it into shag for the pipe that would be really awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.