Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Planning a Kiln

baccy

Hi, this is the fridge I'm going to use.

IMG_20220818_165931.jpg

There is some removable cover on the back wall, also a water dispenser on the door, so I may be able to take cable out without drilling anything.

Dimensions are 120cm / 47inch tall, 55cm / 21inch wide and 50cm / 19inch depth. These are for the upper/fridge compament only.
Do you thing It could fit leafs from 10 plants at a time? I still consider building a kiln from insulation foam, thou will have to do extra work on insulating the door, buying some more things.

Here are two options for the crockpot.

ugvhkbjl.JPGfyugi.JPG

This is new one, with 5.7 lt capacity. High and low mode and one for keeping the food warm. Description says on low mode needs 7-8 hour for the water to reach boiling temp and 3-4 hours on high. Crockpots are not popular here so there is not much choice...

fcgvhbk.JPG

This is used. I found it interesting cause exact tempeture up to 240 C could be set. That way you could find sweet spot and humidity will be more stable too. What you reckon?

baccy

IMG_20220824_165434.jpg

It is 3.5 lt. I could've taken bigger one, but they were all with only low, high and keeping food warm mode. That one has ''medium'' too, which I think would be of use.

The thing that bothers me it's it came with UK type plug and an adapter.

IMG_20220824_165630.jpg

Anyway the plug will be cut, but I'm not sure if it could get wired to the temp controller I have. Here are technical specs:

Crock.jpgTemp Controller.jpg

Do you think these two can get connected ?

It might be interesting to see if you can gain access to the terminals inside the crockpot. It they are screwed on with terminal ends you could just disconnect the whole wire and pass the wire through your small hole then reattach with the screws. If they are soldered on, you may want to cut if you're not comfortable with solder. I'm just guessing, I'm not looking at one right now.

IMG_20220824_171726.jpg

Don't know if that answers your question. Seems to me the whole bottom should be opened.

Zdravei sosed.
I am having the same problem here with the crockpot. Plaнning to build a kiln also using some fridge and I think i am going to use light bulbs as a heat source.
Здрасти, Last year I build a small kiln from a insulation fibran and I was using a light bulb. The kiln was about the same size as this fridge above and that light bulb was maintaining above 50C easy, despite the door wasnt insulated at all and the garage cold. It was old type bulb with heating wire (not LED). But i didn't have humidity source and I had to open often to spray the leafs. When you forget, the leafs got baked :D So you will need to adress the humidity. Успех!