• Dear Guest,

We've been using a forum format called vBulletin for over seven years and the program is no longer being developed, so that means no more updates or security patches. vBulletin has never been compatible with search engine optimization and it does not support the multitude of various devices most people use to access the internet, so it's time to say goodbye to vBulletin.

For these reasons we have moved our forum to a new format that will support and encourage growth for the next generation of grower and DIY tobacco users.

So please post any issues you're having with using the new site.

As usual, you may login with your old password.

Northwood seeds

Poor Seed Germination

COLIN

I have a big problems.I started six flue cured verities seven days ago with a germination rate of 20% and used all the seed I had. Some of the seed I purchased from Sustainable Seed VA116,Big Gem,and Yellow Pryer the germination rate for these was 10% could I have had the seed raising mix to wet. I have it on a heat pad at 20C if someone could help me out it would be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Re: Chillards FTT Need For Seed Grow Outs 2014

I know this is not the right place for this request but I have a big problems.I started six flue cured verities seven days ago with a germination rate of 20% and used all the seed I had. Some of the seed I purchased from Sustainable Seed VA116,Big Gem,and Yellow Pryer the germination rate for these was 10% could I have had the seed raising mix to wet. I have it on a heat pad at 20C if someone could help me out it would be much appreciated.
It is possibly the seed. I had about the same germination rate with Yellow Pryor that I bought from Sustainable Seed. I wrote them a letter, but the one I received back basically assumed I didn't know what I was doing. It was in the same tray with 17 other varieties that did fine. It was my worst germination rate of the 78 varieties that I grew this year. I didn't try the other two so I couldn't say about them.

Planter

How many plants did you get out, after all? I found, when germination rate is very low, often the remaining plants are rather week, and need extra nursing.