Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Possible cheap heater controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Baccy

Hey I noticed while researching flue curing that there seems to be no real go to thermostat controller. I just wondered if anyone has used the “ink-bird ITC-308”. I’ve used these controllers before for other purposes,you can adjust cut in and out temps for heating. it can run a fan or refigerator to lower temps. All with the same unit. I think they might be a good option. They are about $50 Canadian from Amazon. Good from (-58)-(210)Fahrenheit. Plug and play. Humidity controllers also available. The cons are it’s only 1000watt max on 110v. And it is slightly hard to program as the directions seem to have been wrote buy someone with English as a second language. Anyway just thought this could help someone but maybe there are way better options.

Orson Carte

It would've helped if you'd supplied some link to the unit you're talking about.
However, here's what I use for my flue-chamber and it's considerably cheaper than the one you mention.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STC-1000-1...050405?hash=item1a497c9265:g:FB8AAOSwUwhapQyN

As far as 'programming Instructions' are concerned, granted 'Chinglish' isn't everyone's cup of tea but they're not something that the average tinkerer can't easily unlock. (Simply, ask me if translation is necessary).

ChinaVoodoo

I haven't used one. 1000W might be pushing it as you might be running close to that much for a lot of time. I haven't had much luck with controllers from auber, and they are rated at 1800W. Even though I only run 300, 600, or 900W, depending on the stage and the outside temperature. I'm currently using a Johnson Controls A419 which is rated at 1920W, and I'm happy with it so far.

Fyi, my shed is 240 cubic feet and has 7.5" of insulation.

My kiln is at 125F and is 24 cubic feet, 3" thick insulation, running 300W about 25% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.