Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Powermatic S Tobacco Shredder NOW Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeotatv

Mad...id be interested of pics of your pasta shredder setup ....cAre to share pics and a diy writeup?
we like building things in this garage....my tools need a new project.

one note on food grade lubricant...i s/w a restaurant online seller and they confirmed that food grade lubricant is not recommended to placed onto machines parts that come into direct contact with food....even h3 grade lubricant which is the highest/safest grade

i dipped my finger in canola oil and rubbed it into 2 separate spots on a leaf and ran it through the shredder...then ran a few leaves to take off excess oil.

Keeping a light film in the blades may help with residue coming off more easily and repel rust somewhat

mad ...any pics of your setup available to share?

Im probably doing it all backwards.......

Brown Thumb

It is called Junk Leaf and stems to clean her out after she had a beer. The black stuff is the bad stuff. You will probably never process enough to worry about it. About 50 pounds a yr. then you should be cleaning her once in a while.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Yes, The ones that I was able to post, were on PO's grow. I had the pasta , meat grinder and Big Bonners pics in the same post. Can't think of which post # it was. Scan please. Mad-

Brown Thumb

That's, Funny. But why is my blood pressure always high.
It looks like Beer is a lubricant,
Cool.Thanks for posting the link.

Freeotatv

Surely....looks like ill be buying a case of beer to green up brown spots in my bermuda next season,,,,
see beer use number 8 on the link

if jt works better than buying and setting sod....

neighbors r gona think im off my rockers when i tote a case of beer round my lawn...cracking open cans and pouring them on the bermuda dead spots....oh well...

Brown Thumb

I got my bearing side plate the other day.
They put a tempered bearing holder in the plate and pressed the bearings into it.
They also used a better Bearing. NSK and a regular bearing with no flange on the race.
I hope it holds up.
No input on the flake coming off the sides Yet. Chris said too much leaf at one time it is built for one leaf at a time.
Jeesh who has all year to shred Baccy.
image.jpgimage.jpg

DGBAMA

We have single leaves wider than the chute..... One at a time won't help. That's not a good answer on his part.

Old Putt Cigars

We have single leaves wider than the chute..... One at a time won't help. That's not a good answer on his part.

SINGLE LEAVES!?? I DO shred single leaves in batches of 15-20 and spend the next 10 minuets picking through the tobacco, only to run it through again with a larger leaf! And Then - pick through that, and repeat and repeat.

Do we know if there's a solution forthcoming? Are they going to fix these mistakes? I don't know about you guy's, but $300.00 to me is Three Hundred Bucks. That's a pretty nice, used Colt or Smith pocket pistol! And it'll work when you try to use it, all tools should. You shouldn't need tools to fix NEW Tools.

Brown Thumb

Old Putt you can put some Popsicle sticks or cut some paint stir sticks down like I did in post 32 to cure most of the problem. I am still using old nelly even tho I fixed the new model.

Freeotatv

SINGLE LEAVES!?? I DO shred single leaves in batches of 15-20 and spend the next 10 minuets picking through the tobacco, only to run it through again with a larger leaf! And Then - pick through that, and repeat and repeat.

Do we know if there's a solution forthcoming? Are they going to fix these mistakes? I don't know about you guy's, but $300.00 to me is Three Hundred Bucks. That's a pretty nice, used Colt or Smith pocket pistol! And it'll work when you try to use it, all tools should. You shouldn't need tools to fix NEW Tools.

i like the metaphor...well said.

Not saying you should have to but....if you guide the tail of the leaf when it is feeding and keep the leaf away from the left and right edges you can minimize the large shred pieces....

this really wont work for threshed leaf but for whole leaf it is pretty effective

Brown Thumb

Old Nelly bit the dust. Got to order a gear set for her.
I grabbed the new shredder and started feeding her.
Dang this is slow and the dang unshred chunks really got my blood pressure up.
Problem 1 shoot too small.
Fixed, straighted the two tangs under cover and bent the shoot open more.
image.jpg
Problem 2, Baccy chunks.
Fixed, Added two small vertical pieces of paint stick to the two horizontal pieces I put in last yr.
image.jpgimage.jpg
She is a Pig Now. Eats everything I shove down her throat.
Did this table load in less than ten minute.
It was in low case also.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
I would now say it is as fast or faster than Old Nelly. No jambs or flexing of the machine either.:)

Brown Thumb

Bad news guys that have the newest model shredder.
I blew the gears out of old nelly again. Grabbed the new model and it was locked up from sitting.
I went forward then backwards and it blew the nylon gear.
I called cris at powermatic and ordered the gears I needed and asked about the chunks of leaf problem and he said they addressed it or were in the process.
I asked if there would be a part or fix for the new ones already sold and he said no.
He said sales are really down also.
He is Robbing the gears off returned defective machines also for me.
I can't complain 45 bucks shipped for everything I need.
If you have a new model it will kill the nylon gear if it is locked up from sitting.
Soak the cutters with water, Beer, Alcohol ect. Or it will bust the nylon gear.

burge

How will the Nylon gear? I only shred about a pound of. leaf at time unplug it reverse it How will soaking the cutters keep it from getting stuck.

tupou31

The newest Powermatic S Tobacco Shredder is now available. I was told everything was beefed up on these units. The shred size is .78mm (same as always)

Free shipping to continental US only. International Forum members can send a request using the Contact Us form for discounted shipping. Domestic shipping is about $15, so that is the discount I'll extend to all International forum members. I'll send you an invoice with the discount included in the price.

These shredders will be drop shipped from the manufacturer and may take several days to process. No same day shipping available on these units.
How much

Status
Not open for further replies.