Whole Leaf Tobacco

Powermatic Shredder new style

burge

I only shred small amounts of tobacco on a time and the reverse works but will not go forward. I shredded a small amount in reverse but forward will not work no mater what I try to do. Any ideas or suggestions?

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Your only option is to take it apart and fix the loose wire. Well, ok, you have another option.. buy another. But fixing the wire is a lot cheaper. It comes apart pretty easy.

Might seem like a stupid question, but how does one switch into reverse gear? I've been playing with the powermatic for the last 2 weeks, it works well but the only switches I see are the II-O-I set on the right side. With I it switches on, with O it switches off and with II nothing happens.

burge

No clue it will go in reverse but not forward I have one of the newer models just sprayed the blades with water

burge

I followed some early instructions to spray the blades with water still only goes in reverse gear

burge

Nothing the switch allows it to shred stop or reverse to clear the blades. I ran paper through it came out black it's shredding in reverse. When I shred some leaves after I shred I reverse it to unjam tobacco the run it quick worked fine last time I used it

burge

How do you take it apart there are only 2 screws in front the others are like bolts

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
On mine there are 4 bolts on each side. They are 2.5mm allen bolts. If yours is like mine use an allen wrench, take off the 4 bolts on the side of the switch. Then take off the side cover. This will expose the switch and wires.

burge

So I have a tool for getting the screws out hopefully. On the part with the switch is it easy to do not that mechanical

burge

I took the thing apart it works in reverse and shredding so will be using it till it dies I guess.

burge

The tobacco is feeding through from the front when I press the jam button. It will not go in the regular continuous on shred button.

burge

Okay put it in reverse with vegetable oil it paused then blades wen in reverse direction with the blue light flashing. In reverse prior the blue light on the switch was solid. Still when I put it to go in the forward position still nothing

of course...one has to keep the switch pressed down for a few seconds to launch reverse gear! The answer sounds even dumber than the question:giggle: