Whole Leaf Tobacco

Premium cigar!

Homegrowngoodnes

I was recently awarded a premium cigar for assisting a coworker and it was good. Actually good doesn't do it justice! It was my first premium cigar and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My wife refused to taste it but didnt complain about the smell. It had a blend of honduran and nicaraguan long fillers, an ecuadorian sumatra binder, and an ecuadoran habano 2000 wrapper. While i cant quite place all the flavors, it was an amazing combination of flavor, very smooth and creamy with a little pepper, and easy on the draw. The nicaraguan long filler is criollo 98 seco. I think the honduran one is a little darker but i believe is also criollo 98 seco. Looks like i will have to include some samatra in my grow in addition to the criollo 98, habano 2000, corojo 99, and dominican olor that i already planned on!

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Here is some info and reviews.

https://kohnhed.com/2014/06/16/xikar-hc-series-habano²-cigar-review/

FrostD

Looks like:
Wrapper:

Binder:

Filler:
Some proprietary blend of some Nicaraguan & Honduran fillers. If I’d take a stab at some older variations of that blend, I’d personally look at Condega or Jalapa regions & then play with the variations of Seco, Viso, and Ligero. I don’t think any Esteli would be in the filler blend, but could be wrong.

Edit: And then there’s ratios of the Honduran tobacco to integrate. In addition to which sections of the plant is used.

Last edited:

Homegrowngoodnes

Yeah the honduran part is where the question of what it is comes into play. Im sure the cigar would be pretty tastey anyway but it's a curiosity thing. You know?

FrostD

Yeah the honduran part is where the question of what it is comes into play. Im sure the cigar would be pretty tastey anyway but it's a curiosity thing. You know?
I know exactly what you mean. There’s many premiums I’ve been eying up at replicating. However, I’ve realized that anything we can get will never match exactly. I do have to say though, that with what we have access to, you can put together a different blend that will beat out any premiums you smoke. At least in my opinion.