Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pure Tobacco Pipe Blends You Can Make

ChinaVoodoo

The Just.... Series

I'm kidding, really, but you're a fun guy, so here's the idea. Next tobacco blend in the The Just... Series:
Label with Father Damien on it, "Just Working with Lepers".

ChinaVoodoo

Father Damien smoked a pipe. There was a scene in the movie where a doctor has arrived and he encourages the doctor to start smoking because it helps to deal with the smell.

tullius

I think this thread became a little of track , so i am trying to get it back in the right one
Here is another recepi i made a while ago
I was trying to blend some that taste like Dunhill My Mixture 965 , this is not the one but i think its beeing good enough to share this with you all
I called it NB , you could try to guess what it means :D

25% Latakia WLT
25% Izmir WLT
16,5% Red Virginia (toasted) WLT
3,5% Semi oriental 465 From Pure leaf
20% "Stovendish" (Stoved Lemon virginia http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/3903-Toasted-or-cavendish)
10% Brown unsweetened Cavendish (made of Burley) my own grown
I can't guess the NB, besides nota bene. Know your post is 5 years old, but thank you for sharing a good country try at 965. Just made two blends that I hoped would taste like something light dunhill: 75% virginias, 25% oriental, first iteration katerini, second prilep. The prilep was better, but I think too much oriental: both tasted like camel cigarettes. Joining you in posting my failures.

Tarromend

I'll have to see what this would bring to a cigarette, it might be interesting. If that doesn't work, I'll try it in the Hookah as a westernized Tombeki.
Hey. In a hookah it will be very good, I tried and therefore I advise. I also mixed mixtures like these. It turns out good and strong smoke.

Last edited by a moderator:

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
LakeBled_blendLabel_3_5in_72dpi.jpg

Lake Bled pipe blend:
  • Prilep 37.50%
  • Burley Red Tip Cavendish 25.00%
  • Virginia Red 18.75%
  • Perique 12.50%
  • Dark Air Cured 6.25%
Download 3.5" label as a high resolution pdf

Bob

tullius

Lake Bled pipe blend:
  • Prilep 37.50%
  • Burley Red Tip Cavendish 25.00%
  • Virginia Red 18.75%
  • Perique 12.50%
  • Dark Air Cured 6.25%
Interesting blend. I was going to say it must be a deep dark blend that hides mysterious spicy secrets and a good punch, but Bled is not a deep lake. My father's side came to the US from France via Slovenia (then Yugoslavia) and I understand there are gravestones in Ljubljana that bear our surname, though I haven't seen them.

Does the cavendish lend some creme to the blend? If you make a variation on this, may I suggest it include latakia to send a nose harkening back to the roman cathedral incense which perfumes the inside of the church on the island?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. This blend packs a wallop, and while heavy on the dark fullness of the double-bass and bassoon, plays a crisp, flute obligato. It is an attempt to reflect the fuller tobaccos of Eastern Europe, while glancing toward Macedonia. The image of Lake Bled suggested to me satiety and relaxation. No Scottish monsters in there.

Our forum member @rainmax (maker of superb videos, including visits to Cuba) grows his own tobacco in Ljubljana.

Bob