recommend high speed electric cigarette machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i'd be intrested in knowing the result's of that,^^^^

Boboro

It takesAwhole nascar race 2 stuff 2 cartens with my powermatic I can live with that but when som'n better comes along I'll quit watchen NASCAR .

BarG

Founding Member
This ought to be interesting, a shredder that can be matched with an electric injector. Will be looking forward to results.

smokesec

I received John's tobacco today. It's a bit moist so I'm letting it dry, will post results by the end of the day.

smokesec

Well the results are in, and I'm afraid they are less than stellar.

Simply put, the powermatic shred is too long/stringy for the FC Machine and it just doesn't read it properly. To get any kind of consistency you have to dial the compaction quite high resulting in a cigarette that smokes like a stick.

Lower compaction results in the machine cycling 5 or more times and simply an inadequate fill. Many times the machine would indicate that you needed to "add tobacco" and not inject at all, even though the chamber is full.

Of the few I made that were somewhat decent, they smoked irregularly - loose in the front, stiff in the middle, and then loose again towards the filter.

Overall, these machines are designed for a thicker/shorter cut.

Conclusion: I would not recommend this machine if you have the powermatic shredder.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Well the results are in, and I'm afraid they are less than stellar.

Simply put, the powermatic shred is too long/stringy for the FC Machine and it just doesn't read it properly. To get any kind of consistency you have to dial the compaction quite high resulting in a cigarette that smokes like a stick.

Lower compaction results in the machine cycling 5 or more times and simply an inadequate fill. Many times the machine would indicate that you needed to "add tobacco" and not inject at all, even though the chamber is full.

Of the few I made that were somewhat decent, they smoked irregularly - loose in the front, stiff in the middle, and then loose again towards the filter.

Overall, these machines are designed for a thicker/shorter cut.

Conclusion: I would not recommend this machine if you have the powermatic shredder.
Thank you. Question: In your opinion was the tobacco too moist? Would further drying effect the results? That tobacco was shredded in high case. Perhaps lower case would affect results?

J

smokesec

The FC machines work best between 16-18% moisture, and I have a moisture meter here. I let it dry to that range. Further drying would result in the tobacco getting chopped up by the machine and tobacco would fall out of the tubes.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
The FC machines work best between 16-18% moisture, and I have a moisture meter here. I let it dry to that range. Further drying would result in the tobacco getting chopped up by the machine and tobacco would fall out of the tubes.
Thanks for your time and effort. I guess I don't want an FC.

J

Boboro

So the FC shredder cuts short and thick. could you post a pic. of the cut? I noitied on FC site they sell powermitic2 cig. maker.So it will stuff FC shred.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
does anyone have a powermatic, machine,?

to test the powermatic shred with,?

powermatic cigg machine+ powermatic shred = perfect cigg,?

^^^^^ thats my question,

Status
Not open for further replies.