Whole Leaf Tobacco

Robncars Dip Tobacco trials

Robncars

Need more time to properly post everything but I wanted to get this thread started.
I'm growing (just started this plant inside) Wintergreen Plant - Gaultheria procumbens, to use in flavoring my dip.
I also have some Fronto and N. Rustica plants started.
I ordered 2 pounds of N. Rustica leaves to add into some Fronto dip I've made. I use a blender to chop the leaves into a Copenhagen snuff like consistency. After taking out stems and running the leaves through the blender I have a 1 gallon ziplock bag pretty full but it only weighs a little over a pound.

Robncars

My latest recipe:
1-12 oz can of old orchard juice concentrate.
I lb. of tobacco leaves- I use a blender to make them about the same as Copenhagen snuff.
2-tbsp of coarse salt- I use pink Himalayan I dont know why.
I tsp cumin
1tsp cardamom
1-cup hot water
Mix hot water cumin and cardamom set aside

Boil juice. Add tobacco while still boiling add water mix and stir in. Shut off heat. Allow to cool. Mix will be like taffy. Add 1 cup water and heat up. Mix thoroughly. Should be more like snuff now. Freeze for 1 week then pull out and shelf it in individual cans. Use as needed.

Robncars

I'm going with either cumin or cardamom next batch. This batch has burned my tongue. I added 1 cup of Rustica and mixed it with 6 cans of already made snuff. Dry so I added 1/8 cup water and 1 tbsp salt. Heated it up and let it cool. Made 8 cans of snuff. That cup of Rustica added a new flavor. No idea how to describe it. Wife won't try it to tell me what taste it is so you guys are SOL. LMAO.

Robncars

Ok. Made this batch entirely too wet. 6 lbs of fermenting tobacco. (I can taste the alcohol....) Tried to use the oven to dehydrate it. Pretty sure I'll be getting kicked out of the house before Home Office let's that happen again. If I get a flash of brilliant idea I'll post it.

Robncars

Ok. Made this batch entirely too wet. 6 lbs of fermenting tobacco. (I can taste the alcohol....) Tried to use the oven to dehydrate it. Pretty sure I'll be getting kicked out of the house before Home Office let's that happen again. If I get a flash of brilliant idea I'll post it.
In a fit of brilliance I threw a crock pot and a metal fan in the combi-oven. I dehydrated 3 pans of tobacco. Got it back to a nice earthy smell. it's too dry but I'm not going there again. I'll moisten smaller batches at a time.