Whole Leaf Tobacco

Roll One; Smoke One is awesome for noobs

silksow

"Roll one; Smoke one" is the best guiding principal, I wish I'd heard it years ago. Especially if you have a good selection for variations including filler as binder, etc. I was narrowing in on a blend worth putting in the humidor that I think I could enjoy for a while, and substituted some undamaged Ecuador CT shade wrapper I'd been using as binder for a half leaf of the Dom viso I was really liking, omitting a Honduras habano wrapper. Lo and behold, the idea I picked up somewhere that the wrapper has minimal influence on flavor was shattered - all the sweetness and richness was gone although I'd nailed the strength I wanted.

Anyway, I get the shade wrapper now and I'm a fan lol. Now I have to find another way to get some more habano in there (I have Nic seco and viso). And now I know how to choose! 2 more puros to see what those might contribute as a binder. And then a stick of whatever that blend turns out to be to compare with one of the last pre-sans-habano blend. I suspect that by the time I nail the blend, I'll be ready to roll five; age five.

This is just like learning a musical instrument: Fun at first just to make sounds, then you suck and suck and suck, and then suddenly you reach a plateau and all that practice pays off. Then you suck some more lol

IMG_20201107_124253.jpgIMG_20201107_124317.jpgIMG_20201107_124357.jpg
IMG_20201107_124440.jpgIMG_20201107_124623.jpg

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
And like with playing a musical instrument, my cigar rolling skills get rusty over the winter months, when I don't practice enough. Summer, I'm rolling several a day. Winter it's sometimes none for days. But I still usually just roll one; smoke one.

Bob