Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Rolling and leaf position

Status
Not open for further replies.

buck

When I roll I typically put all my leaf tips at the foot but sometimes the first third of the cigar is not pleasant to smoke.
I tried different blends and its hit and miss.
I've played around with my leaf placing and alternate leaf tip from foot to head and that helps a lot.

Anyone else experience this ?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
My filler leaves are started with the leaf tips at the foot, then torn to desired length, and added again at the foot. Most leaves end up torn into thirds or quarters. So the bunch contains a roughly equal-ish blend of tips and leaf base throughout the length. I have been generally happy with the results.

Bob

MarcL

Yes. I think the leaf transitions. I do this thing where I build from the center, work from the foot and don't really tuck cut. The head and shoulder get filled in after I bind and trim the head length. Filling with said trimmings after unbinding then closing. Saves on scrap. something else, leaves lay to burn in only one direction. tip to tail.
I started, in addition to all that, assembling left and right apart entirely. filler binder and wrapper.

Jb00

What I’ve found works best for me is tearing the leaves in half and putting half of the tips into the head and the other half into the foot. After doing this and rolling the binder I usually cut about a 1/4”off both ends. I have yet to have any issues with the sticks I’ve rolled I’ve rolled this way.

JB

buck

What I’ve found works best for me is tearing the leaves in half and putting half of the tips into the head and the other half into the foot. After doing this and rolling the binder I usually cut about a 1/4”off both ends. I have yet to have any issues with the sticks I’ve rolled I’ve rolled this way.

JB

What I just started doing is tube one leaf, put it in my hand, tear the bottom and flip it back into the bunch. I alternate the tips and do this for each leaf.
I'm playing around with this and will try the Ligero as tip only, put the rest of the tips at the head. Figure out the ratrio tips at foot vs tips at head and see what I like best.

Current blend is 1/2 nic ligero, 3 criollo98, Corojo binder and sometimes double it , no wrapper.

webmost

JB

Eggs Ackley.
But cutting; not tearing. There's nearly no waste at all if you cut to a mark on your tabla.

Status
Not open for further replies.