Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Salt’s on leaf or….?

FrostD

I noticed in a bag of leaf while prepping some more up, a bunch of little spots on a couple leaves. It looked like salt or perhaps eggs of some sort. I’m leaning more towards the salt side, since there’s so much and some have been able to be wiped off. Pics below. I tried to zoom in as close as I could, but my phone camera didn’t want to focus in while I tried to get closer.

A6857137-8FB7-42CA-B6E9-5B2FFDD77EB7.jpeg1AB3D429-0397-41F0-8D83-2F5E331903C4.jpeg28AADAE1-3554-4A84-9DBC-510F46DA3F53.jpeg

Oldfella

I noticed in a bag of leaf while prepping some more up, a bunch of little spots on a couple leaves. It looked like salt or perhaps eggs of some sort. I’m leaning more towards the salt side, since there’s so much and some have been able to be wiped off. Pics below. I tried to zoom in as close as I could, but my phone camera didn’t want to focus in while I tried to get closer.

View attachment 40418View attachment 40419View attachment 40420
Might be mold. I magnified it and it looks a little bit furry. I'd suggest giving one leaf a spray with a 1% solution of Hydrogen Peroxide. Let it dry and then reinspect it. All gone, it's mold, comes back, who knows what it is. A couple of questions.
Where did the leaves come from?
How Where they stored?
Have they been cased?
Oldfella

FrostD

Might be mold. I magnified it and it looks a little bit furry. I'd suggest giving one leaf a spray with a 1% solution of Hydrogen Peroxide. Let it dry and then reinspect it. All gone, it's mold, comes back, who knows what it is. A couple of questions.
Where did the leaves come from?
How Where they stored?
Have they been cased?
Oldfella
Sent a pm @Oldfella .

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Some similar posts

FrostD

Seriously, they look like yeast colonies that have become completely desiccated. You might try setting a bit in a covered container with some moisture, and see what happens.

Bob
I had a couple leaf in my casing chamber/cooler. I decided to error on the side of caution. 3 filler leaf total so far that’s noted from 1 lb of leaf. Not too bad. More than that has been chucked, from more expensive leaf, due to mold.