Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Sand lugs for cigar rolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Brand

My sand lugs was fermented in March this year and I store them in a plastic container, in zip lock bags, lower case.
I decided NOT to reap them this season, reason is, they are small and to de-rib them is a pain, they are always full of sand, and don`t look like much.
I decided to roll a few stogies the other night just using sand lugs, didn`t even take note which varieties I used, just took 3 hands, de-rid the and rolled away. SURPRISE, what a few pleasant cigars I had. Smoked really well, light and tasty, even the smell was nice, not that my other cigars smell bad.
New plan for the future, look after my sand lugs and enjoy them, even if it is more work to de-rib them.
Adios
Ben

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
You've probably already discovered this, but once sand lugs have color-cured and come into case, you can just slap them against something to knock off most of the sand. I find that sand lugs (mud lugs) of particularly strong varieties benefit from neglect in the field, allowing them to cure on the ground. This seems to emphasize their aroma, while mitigating the nicotine.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.