Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Seed sites

plantdude

Two votes to delete it all. Noted
I hope you were joking @skychaser. Your site has useful pics and info on the plants as well, which I've grown accustomed to looking at and find very helpful.
They recently redid GRIN again, please don't make me have to navigate through their new format to try and find info;)

skychaser

I went off a little half cocked in my post earlier. Sorry. It's been a tough week and I woke up on the wrong side of the tobacco patch this morning. Some of the criticism about my website is certainly valid. I'll try to elaborate on a few of the problems (excuses) I have had with updating it later if I have time. But today is tomato picking day and I have a couple of big orders to fill. One down, one to go.

Cheers

fimbrew

We have all been waiting patiently for Paul to update his site (because he has a lot of new varieties available) but even as it is it is an invaluable resource. He is the only one I go to for tobacco seeds.

Alpine

I see in that list the Perustitza Gigante. It’s originally an oriental strain, agriculturally selected in Italy. The Italian selection has better yield, but less flavor than the original. I’ll try to find some more informations about it. At the moment, all I can say is that it was selected in Otranto, Puglia.

pier

Alpine

We are blessed by no less than FOUR authorities about tobacco in this forum:
@deluxestogie who knows everything about tobacco
@skychaser who knows everything growing tobacco
@istanbulin who knows everything about Turkish (oriental) tobacco
@polygon55 who knows everything about ex-USSR strains (and rusticas too!)
Wonder why I feel lucky?

pier

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm flattered, but why is it that I learn new things about tobacco every year? The more I learn, the more I know. The more I know, the more I forget. The more I forget, the less I know. So the more I learn, the less I know.

Bob

Radagast

I'm flattered, but why is it that I learn new things about tobacco every year? The more I learn, the more I know. The more I know, the more I forget. The more I forget, the less I know. So the more I learn, the less I know.

Bob
The more one knows, the more one knows he knows not. This would be a tenet of mastery.

skychaser

We also have people on the commercial side too like fmgrowit and bigbonner.
Yah, They both know more than I do about tobaccos.

Don't build my pedestal too high or I'll fall off. lol I know a lot about growing tobacco plants and producing all sorts of seed. But when it comes to an actually knowledge of the tobacco itself, there are quite a few people here who know more than I do.

Greasy Dirt

Just reading these older posts and thought I’d pop in to say I just ordered seeds (tobacco and veggie) from Victory Seeds in Oregon, to ship to BC, and had no trouble with the package. They have a large variety of tobacco seeds and I’ve had a couple sprout already. Cheers.

Rednekf350

Last year and before I found this site, I ordered from The Tobacco Guy on Etsy. I didn't even know what Etsy was at the time. (I thought it was for arts and crafts.)
The guy is based in Pennsylvania, has a lot of good varieties and is very responsive to emailed questions.
I ordered TN 86, Virginia Bright and Little Yellow form him this year.
TN-86 Gold Burley Heirloom Tobacco Seeds 1000 Seeds | Etsy