Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Self sufficient

Homegrowngoodnes

How awesome would it be to have an indoor garden large enough to grow all your fruits, veggies, herbs, and tobacco etc in an indoor environment?! No worry about pests nor the elements, everything in your control. Of course lighting, irrigation, fertigation whatever setup would be atrocious. For argument sake, let's say money is no object and you have a decent acreage to build said 'compound.' All electricity would be a combination of solar and wind generated. The goal would be to have enough supplies etc for maintenance and upkeep for 25 plus years. Let's say the close family will be on property as well. At least 12 but not more than 20 people to thrive. Plenty of people to assist with chores. Ha! I personally never really had a veggie garden but it would be fascinating. Sugar beets to process into sugar. Corn to process into meal for bread, animal feed, alcohol. Cotton for thread, fabric, clothing. Some crops are probably better off growing in dirt but I have been researching different types of hydroponic, aquaponic, and aeroponic systems as well. It all seems logical in theory but how to apply and for which crops?

ChinaVoodoo

Simple for me and my wife. Wood and solar powered with a geothermal heat pump. I would have a small house which is inside a large greenhouse with a deer/moose stand on the roof. The waste heat from the small house would keep the greenhouse warm enough to grow "winter vegetables", and keep less hardy trees and vines alive. Plenty of diversity inside, and a couple major crops every summer outside—lentils, potatoes, peas, barley, wheat—good for the entire year.