Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Semois Tobacco Blends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loupin

I recently got some pure Semois from Tabac Manil (fine shag). It smokes great on its own, even better with a bit of hydration but I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions on what to blend it with? I've only heard about French cigarettes like Gauloises and Gitanes but I've no frame of reference to emulate them so I'm starting with a blank slate here.

docpierce

I seem to recall the head blender at C&D saying that Semois was tricky to blend with. I cant recall quite why that is.
Read about it in a PipesMagazine article on the subject of Semois.

Loupin

I smoke a pipe. I've had two different semois. I think i would blend it with a flue cured tobacco, if anything.

I read up on Le Petit Robin a bit, apparently this particular one is already a blend of 1/3rd semois and light viginias so maybe it's ok as is. (I like it but was thinking it was pure semois). Can I ask, where did you get the other semois? I've only seen Tabac Manil available in North America.

I seem to recall the head blender at C&D saying that Semois was tricky to blend with. I cant recall quite why that is.
Read about it in a PipesMagazine article on the subject of Semois.

I think I found the article you mentioned (GL Pease commented on semois): https://pipesmagazine.com/blog/ask-g-l-pease/ask-g-l-pease-volume-38/
(Bascially the flavours are very delicate to work with...) I just read up on Le Petit Robin and it's already a nice blend so I need to get some pure semois to even attempt blending.

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll probably play with some flue cured tobaccos and pure semois at some point but I should probably leave this one alone for now.

ChinaVoodoo

The loose semois was by Florina, and i don't know off the top of my head who made the bouchons. I'm at work, and I have the box at home. It was a wooden 'cigar' box.

I bought them in Brussels.

Status
Not open for further replies.