Whole Leaf Tobacco

sharp tingling taste

sean chua

Hi Guys, i started my cigar rolling journey a couple months back, the recent cigars i roll have this sharp taste aftertaste. Hard for me to explain,but when i compare commercial cigars ,it seems a lot smoother. Its not very pleasant.
1st batch
rosado wrapper
Dominican binder
criollo 98 seco
aged Dominican ligero criollo 98 half leaf
2nd batch
1 Nicaraguan habano seco
half corojo ligero
ct binder
habano wrapper

I tried smoking after 2 days and rest it for 3 weeks not much difference. Anything im doing wrong??

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Feel free to introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself forum.

What case is the tobacco in, when you roll the cigars?
Source of the leaf?
How well dried is the cigar prior to smoking it?
What glue was used?

Bob

ChinaVoodoo

I find if the cigar is still higher than normal humidity, and if it's loose, that I will get some bite.

Bringing your freshly rolled cigars down in moisture in Singapore may prove a challenge.

Welcome to the forum.

sean chua

Welcome to the forum. Feel free to introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself forum.

What case is the tobacco in, when you roll the cigars?
Source of the leaf?
How well dried is the cigar prior to smoking it?
What glue was used?

Bob
Leaves were bought from WLT, it came pretty much it rolling condition, i only have to further moisten the binder and wrapper. I watch a lot of videos especially from Bliss cigar and tried to follow what he does.
After 1 week in a air conditioner room, i will place it in a tupperware with 65% boveda pack for another week or so, i still have some left,trying to see if after a few months it will taste better. I used Bermocoll 320 glue.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
That all sounds right. Try allowing them to dry below 65%.

Bob

EDIT: I have the impression that different individuals are able to taste different glues used for cigars. I can distinctly taste Bermacol. You might try rolling a cigar with no glue, and either clamping the head with a clothespin or wrapping in in paper, to allow it to dry. Then compare.