Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Ship tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

CigarNews

Has anyone shipped tobacco seedlings that are 6-8 weeks old? If so, in what and how to protect plant? Thanks.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Yes, I just wrap them in a paper towel, put them in a baggie and then into a USPS if it fits it ships box.
BigBonner ships thousands of these, maybe he'll weigh in on his method.

Randy B

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I'm not sure of the window for shipping but I've shipped 6-12 week old plants. I think part of the success of shipping is to NOT ship in the heat of summer and try to ship on a Monday so they don't set over the weekend in a hot post office . I also punch a few holes in the box, but I've received boxes without holes in them and the plants were fine.

BigBonner

Founding Member
How old should the seedlings be to minimize damage to plant.

I ship float plants by USPS in the flate rate boxes . I put each variety roots in a plastic bag and leave the leafy growth out in paper towels .

Now if you try and ship pot size plants it may be hard to do without the risk of the dirt ball breaking plants when the postal workers toss the packages .
I have good luck because the root ball is light and small .

CigarNews

Good to know. Can you sell plants you ship? What are tax laws around seedlings and shipments?

Aaron

I don't believe there are any license needed. To my knowledge the only legal requirement would be to claim the income on your taxes. Until tobacco is de-ribbed it's considered a produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.