Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Small scale tobacco "sweating"

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Jim Johnson's book was one of the first books published for hobby growers of tobacco--twenty years ago. It was essentially the only resource during the start of the 21st century. Prior to that book, there were Ag Extension Service handbooks for commercial growers, and of course, the tobacco growing literature of the late 19th century. A lot has been learned about small-scale tobacco production during the past two decades.

Bob

Tobaccofieldsforever

Jim Johnson's book was one of the first books published for hobby growers of tobacco--twenty years ago. It was essentially the only resource during the start of the 21st century. Prior to that book, there were Ag Extension Service handbooks for commercial growers, and of course, the tobacco growing literature of the late 19th century. A lot has been learned about small-scale tobacco production during the past two decades.

Bob
Yes, he gives some strange advice for sure but that is why I post about it...to see if there is any merit to it. I don't doubt his techniques are usable and trustworthy but, like you said, they may be dated. I didn't realize tobacco home growing information was so scarce but I am beginning to see just how important FTT really is to the home grower.