Whole Leaf Tobacco

smoking midrib?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
Welcome OC, I can't even remember the last time I had a Pabst blue ribbon, do they still sell those?:cool:

olivercramden

Close! I'm in the Longview/Kelso area. PBR is our #1 beverage! Don't know why, it's just what everyone brings with 'em to parties here. Just handy, I guess.
I am indeed grateful to you and this site, and excited (too excited?) to finally have the opportunity to try growing tobacco (with the purchase of some property here).
If somehow I've been offensive, I apologize, it certainly hasn't been intentional. I'm realizing you may not accept this, so I'll move on.
I'd normally sign off with a thanks, but I'm unsure of myself now. I evidently didn't express my genuine gratitude in an acceptable manner. I'm sorry.

johnlee1933

Founding Member
Close! I'm in the Longview/Kelso area. PBR is our #1 beverage! Don't know why, it's just what everyone brings with 'em to parties here. Just handy, I guess.
I am indeed grateful to you and this site, and excited (too excited?) to finally have the opportunity to try growing tobacco (with the purchase of some property here).
If somehow I've been offensive, I apologize, it certainly hasn't been intentional. I'm realizing you may not accept this, so I'll move on.
I'd normally sign off with a thanks, but I'm unsure of myself now. I evidently didn't express my genuine gratitude in an acceptable manner. I'm sorry.

Don't go away. I can't see you have anything to apologize for. You couldn't offend these guys with a stick. Hang in there guy and join the fun.

John

DonH

Yeah, I agree with John here. There a all kinds of posting styles here. It would take a lot to offend!

As to the PBR thing, that brand has risen from the dead in recent years. Maybe Schlitz and Blatz will be next.

wazzappenning

that canadian virginia you say is milder because of our shorter growing season is answering a question for me. when fm sent me both american and canadian flue cured virginia, i really enjoyed the canadian, the american was the one i found too strong. i didnt really mention i liked the canadian better as to not start a crossborder war. when i asked what the difference was, i was told nothing, just where its grown. i just left it at that and never really figured it out.

i wouldnt mind trying to plant some of that delgold seed.

btw, im drinking a pbr right now.(but i wont call anyone sir),its not exactly the same as down there though. ours gets brewed in guelf ontario and tastes less watery then the stuff in the states. im going to guess at 4.9% alc its stronger too. (us canadians and our strong beer). oh boy here i go with the crossborder war again. lol. im one of the few who drinks it. its cheap and i like it.

"off topic sort of" when i was in montana and had to buy a starter, the guy at the counter said "man you guys beer is way stronger than ours" apparently they came over, had a couple, and i guess they fell out of the vehicle (when asked to step out)at the border

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Most of these guys are sir to me, i don't mind saying. Lotta wisdom in you old sirs and I appreciate every bit shared.

I gotta get some delgold seed too.

As to smoking the midrib why not, gotta find some use for all that product. I've got a black trashbag full waiting for a use

jeapadrenaline

I just sent off a message to a guy on htgt who has 140 delgold this year. Hopefully i can talk him out of some seeds. Also mentioned this site to him hehehe.
Sorry for the "sorta hijack"

Status
Not open for further replies.