Snuff making advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
This is from the Wiki link:

Some recommended smokeless tobacco from www.wholeleaftobacco.com:

Some cigarette varieties to mix, match, come up with your own blend:

Good luck and post up some of your recipes! (y)

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Feel free to introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself forum. The Index of Key Forum Threads contains a section on Smokeless.

Bob

This is from the Wiki link:

Some recommended smokeless tobacco from www.wholeleaftobacco.com:

Some cigarette varieties to mix, match, come up with your own blend:

Good luck and post up some of your recipes! (y)
Thanks knucklehead think?aI will try the?dark air cure.

ArizonaDave

What is the ingredient add to tobacco products to free up the nic.

Well, I make a smokeless stick I use in public (spitless). a long cigar. I can cut into small circles and put into a 2x2 seed ziplock (Can be found at Hobby Lobby, or on line). I'll put a piece in. As far as the Tobacco, I'll use Dark Air. I skip the Fire Cured in this blend. I've gotten used to it w/o out the Fire Cured, but if you like Fire Cured, add it. There's enough Nicotine in the Dark Air alone to keep you zipping along.

Nasal snuff, I use a fine ground Cigar tobacco Criollo Liguero. Not exactly what you're used to, but if you read the above links, you can probably find what you're looking for. For me, I found something that worked better for me. We're all individuals, who can come up with something you like.

Josiah Lovelace

Hey guys, just made an account here. I was wondering if anyone could lead me in the direction to getting a recipe together for something similar to copenhagen natural? I'm entirley new to making dip and also this forum so forgive me if this is already a thread somewhere. Also, what's the opinion on fermentation? I read somewhere that it makes tobacco more harmful (which I don't want), but I also figure it helps the preservation of it (like making pickles). How long does y'all's dip usually stay good and what do you do instead of fermenation (if you don't ferment that is)? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Hey guys, just made an account here. I was wondering if anyone could lead me in the direction to getting a recipe together for something similar to copenhagen natural? I'm entirley new to making dip and also this forum so forgive me if this is already a thread somewhere. Also, what's the opinion on fermentation? I read somewhere that it makes tobacco more harmful (which I don't want), but I also figure it helps the preservation of it (like making pickles). How long does y'all's dip usually stay good and what do you do instead of fermenation (if you don't ferment that is)? Thanks!

This is a thread recommended by another member. I also typed Copenhagen into the search box top right and pulled up a ton of posts. I’m a smoker so can’t help other than help get you started. Best of luck.

edit: I linked the wrong thread. Here’s the good one:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.