Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Spring Goose Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

plantdude

Yeah, they are hell on the crops and the waterfowl ecosystem for duck breeding grounds up north in Canada. They have an extended season for just the snow geese after duck season ends out here. Everything goes - electronic calls, no plugs limiting shot number, an insanely high limit... The problem is that they are tough to hunt. You never know what field they might decide to land in and most farmers want money to let people hunt on their land out here. Hunting is big business out here. To do a proper decoy spread requires a couple hundred decoys, a team of people to haul and set up everything, and a lot of luck that you find some gullible geese.

I used to just pass shoot or try and sneak up on them. I'd get a few but those guys are weary. A thousand eyes on the lookout. They seem to know exactly where the effective range of a shotgun is and stay just out of it.

Oldfella

Yeah, they are hell on the crops and the waterfowl ecosystem for duck breeding grounds up north in Canada. They have an extended season for just the snow geese after duck season ends out here. Everything goes - electronic calls, no plugs limiting shot number, an insanely high limit... The problem is that they are tough to hunt. You never know what field they might decide to land in and most farmers want money to let people hunt on their land out here. Hunting is big business out here. To do a proper decoy spread requires a couple hundred decoys, a team of people to haul and set up everything, and a lot of luck that you find some gullible geese.

I used to just pass shoot or try and sneak up on them. I'd get a few but those guys are weary. A thousand eyes on the lookout. They seem to know exactly where the effective range of a shotgun is and stay just out of it.
We have a open season, ie: all year, and anything goes shotguns, 22, canon, dynamite, rocks. Whatever
Oldfella

Status
Not open for further replies.