Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Sumatra/Besuki binder difficulties

buck

I find it challenging to use the Sumatra or Bezuki leaf as binder. It is soo thin and brittle that I have to case it really good same with the wrapper or it cracks as I roll.
For the wrapper I don't mind it being more wet but binder I'd like it to be same case as the other binder leaf I use.
is this just a matter of finding the proper case/balance or does every one have the same issues as me ?
Any advice ?

Thanks

buck

I only use these as wrappers. They just don't have the thickness needed to hold the bunch together without splitting. Have you tried doubling them? That may give you the strength you need.
it seems that I can only get them in two states, dry or wet. Wet I can manage to bunch loosely and then double bind tighter. The thing I found is that they need to be pretty wet to be use and then drying time is something else.

GreenDragon

I imagine it's humid there in BC year round. In Central Texas, drying is not a problem! Just put your sticks out in the sun for and hour and boom, ready to go.

Have you tried making a "dry" box using a container of Damprid? Just a thought.

buck

I have routinely used a double binder of Besuki. I lay one half of the leaf on top of the other (veins aligned) and count that doubled leaf as my binder. Both in medium case.

Bob
Medium case ... tried to get them that way, haven't neem able to without splitting it. Maybe I lack patience , I'll keep at it:)