Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Tasting tobacco varieties

IXanadu

OK, now that I have some various filler leaves coming my way. I thought I would follow some of the advice on this thread and experiment with a particular tobacco type to see if I could pick up the notes and nicotine strengths of that tobacco.

There is the reference to rolling a pure something (I can’t find the word to reference now) that basically means same filler and binder with or without a wrapper. I assume this would be a smallish stick maybe not pressed but hand rolled in allowed to dry. do I have that right?

Would cutting some of that tobacco up and puffing on a pipe accomplish the same thing? Or is the method of delivery going to change it substantially?

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
When pipe smokers are looking to find the "pure taste" of a tobacco they will smoke it in a clay pipe, which can be bought for cheap. The method of delivery does change the taste but I think smoking a puro if you plan to smoke the tobacco as a cigar might be the way to go. The problem is, once you start combining tobaccos they take on a new flavor profile all their own.

jvnshr

Thanks, jvnshr. Been teleworking for 2 months now. You would think I'd have more free time but I've been even busier than when I "went to the office" everyday.
I hear that from all of my friends who work from home. I have learned a lot from your posts on another forum. Hopefully, will continue here as well.

Boogeyman81

I think you'll be surprised how much you can learn about a tobacco by simply putting some heat to it to make it smoke and taking in the aroma, and then by rolling a little purito with a single leaf to puff. I still love doing that when I have an especially fragrant or rich tobacco.