Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Temperature and humidity controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Thanks Steve. Texans or Cowboys? I've been a Cowboys fan and a Crimson Tide fan since second grade. That was '69. Loved Tom Landry and Bear Bryant.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Leverhead, it's a lot more enjoyable if you drink to the losers (there's more of 'em!)

tempbond

Any update on the controllers? How did it go? Do they come with remote sensors so the controllers can be mounted outside the kiln?

I wired everything last weekend and it went ok. Some clearer instructions would have helped...all it was was a wiring diagram with no explanation. But I got it working anyway.

Yesterday I tried to start my first batch, but when I opened the fridge door, I noticed that a small critter must have gone inside through the lower venting hole and chewed a couple wires ! So I have to fix it today and hopefully I'll be able to try it out. Of course I'll be adding some wire mesh to the venting holes !

I'll put some pictures up later today.

Fisherman

Thought this would interest a lot of people...

I bought these on eBay. Haven't received the humidity controller yet.

Temperature controller: about 16$ with shipping
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...rmostat+Aquarium+°F&_sacat=See-All-Categories

I see those chinese outfits on ebay all the time... Good price but would buy a backup in case. Price would allow it too it appears..

My question is how do you wire in your appliance..... in your case the humidifier? I do not see a plugin so I am assuming it will be hardwired..... Also keep in mind just what amount of voltage/amperage that the unit will allow to pass thru it... Using the same company's heat controller would be a real need to know the amperage of the controller and the heater.....

•Output contact capacity: 10A/220VAC (single phase load is 0.5HP / 220VAC)

I am assuming that this unit will handle a 1/2 hp motor or 10 amps? I would think your humidifier will easily fill in that uneducated range.. However if the heating controller read the same I would be a little worried. I suppose if you used a gas-fired unit to heat with, all you would be turning on was the blower so again that would be within range.

NOTE: after reading a few of the other replys here, the output for 110 volts would be 0.25 hp and 5 amps?????

I am opting out for the $60 unit and hoping good old american-made hardware will pulll me thru the year... Also the american company is closer in case I have to return item or feel the need to holler at someone :)

I also think you did right in not getting the combo humidity and temp controller that allow you to plug appliances into the side of units.. IMO, these units when and if they fail , cause your whole system to shut down till repair or replacement while your seperate units can still allow you some activity towards curing. ALso I noticed that controllers like the 2 in 1 kinds have temp range mostly to only 120 deg F.

Mike

workhorse_01

You could always use a 120volt coil 60 amp contactor then run 6-2 from always hot and you're equipment will handle 60 amp full load the contactor is about $17.00

Status
Not open for further replies.