Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Testing my setup with some mudlugs--garage air curing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balgaire

The the best place I can think of for temp and humidity being stable is my garage. I bought some 10" pegboard hooks and some picture wire and hung them up high where they won't be in the way. It's a thumbnail because the full image in post was just too large.

21sjSAn - Imgur.jpg

I also bought a cheap thermometer/hydrometer. Right now the outside humidity is 50% and I am running 60-63%. I just shut the door and will check again in a bit. I do have a humidifier I can run on occassion if the humidity drops too low. Do you think this might work? I know it might take longer, but it's the best setup if it works for me. What should I look for in these mudlugs over the next little bit while I am waiting for the other leaves to yellow up?

Alpine

That might work. You only have to wait, see and learn what works best in your environment. I tried your method (garage curing) and I got green cured moldy leaves. My garage was cold, humid and dark... perfect for growing mold, not for tobacco to cure. Many forum members cure their leaves successfully the way you do.

pier

Status
Not open for further replies.