Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

The Cigar Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

buck

He is not just a guy that went down and is reporting on what he saw but an expert in cigars and others may interpret what he said as gospel because of Mr. Garofalo's 30 years experience in the cigar business. I have smoked various Cubans and they have different flavor profiles, so I don't know what he is talking about when he says they taste the same or are bland. Sure , maybe the ones he smoked were bland, maybe fakes, maybe very young, still moist but he comes across as saying Cubans all taste the same and are bland, have no fear of Cubans my friends for they are an inferior product as compared to Non Cubans.

As for Dr Joe, I only ever watched one of his shows and don't know much about him but he brings in a different perspective to what Mr Garofalo says.

MarcL

I would suggest against interpreting, any expression of personal experiences from anyone, as absolute/gospel. Or, do so if you like. Maybe Dave should have lied or better yet, had a better experience. I know what Dave is talking about. But, I can't disagree with him because, I'm not him. My experiences are my own as his are his.

Maybe we can get some clarity on this weeks show from Colin Ganley of Cigar Tourism, (the guy who brought Dave to Cuba)

The Dr. Joe show is great! He likes the details. One more for details. www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9v-j0z_NiPtVZqIRlYxzQ

Gdaddy

I would suggest against interpreting, any expression of personal experiences from anyone, as absolute/gospel. Or, do so if you like. Maybe Dave should have lied or better yet, had a better experience. I know what Dave is talking about. But, I can't disagree with him because, I'm not him. My experiences are my own as his are his.

Maybe we can get some clarity on this weeks show from Colin Ganley of Cigar Tourism, (the guy who brought Dave to Cuba)

The Dr. Joe show is great! He likes the details. One more for details. www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9v-j0z_NiPtVZqIRlYxzQ

Was a good interview but didn't touch upon Dave's experience and opinion of the cigars. I was hoping to hear if he agreed with Dave or not.

MarcL

Was a good interview but didn't touch upon Dave's experience and opinion of the cigars. I was hoping to hear if he agreed with Dave or not.

a little more clarity on today's episode on the Cuban trip. HERE

Next weeks show is being prerecorded 6/11/2015 4 to 6 PM

MarcL

The guy thats saying he went to Cuba and is saying all this stuff. His company, 2 Guys, used to sell a retail exclusive Don Pepin cigar called the Firecracker. At some point they cut ties with Pepin and started having them made by Victor Sinclair but marketed the cigars like they were the same DPG Firecrackers. It wasn't until they duped a bunch of people and had pissed off customers calling with complaints they made it clear what they were.

This is what I remember about the Firecracker.

https://youtu.be/IpEI2RGp7jw?t=1h15m30s

HIM

He is not just a guy that went down and is reporting on what he saw but an expert in cigars and others may interpret what he said as gospel because of Mr. Garofalo's 30 years experience in the cigar business. I have smoked various Cubans and they have different flavor profiles, so I don't know what he is talking about when he says they taste the same or are bland. Sure , maybe the ones he smoked were bland, maybe fakes, maybe very young, still moist but he comes across as saying Cubans all taste the same and are bland, have no fear of Cubans my friends for they are an inferior product as compared to Non Cubans.

As for Dr Joe, I only ever watched one of his shows and don't know much about him but he brings in a different perspective to what Mr Garofalo says.

One of the funny things is Dave gives a list of the cigars he smoked on his trip, one of them being a "double Edmundo maduro." Whats funny about that is theres no such thing as a Monte double edmundo maduro he was smoking a fake and didn't even know it. So he obviously didn't get his cigars through very good sources which makes you wonder if anything he smoked down there wasn't a counterfeit.
As for Cubans being inferior I can't really agree with that. What can agree on is that they are different. Personally my favorite cigars generally come from Nicaragua so I'm not biased towards CCs or anything. IMO CCs are great if you like cigars in the medium range. They are full flavored and have good body without a lot of strength. Now when it comes to fuller bodied bolder cigars I think NCs definitely take the cake. In the end I don't see one being superior to the other just different.

Gdaddy

The Monte double Edmundo does exist... just not in maduro. Maybe Dave just made an honest mistake when he wrote it down. Could happen.

I have a hard time listening to Dr. Joe cursing and I don't doubt that Dr. Joe knows his stuff but his cocky manner and
prolific use of the F-word and laughing and ridiculing Dave doesn't win me over.

The amount of hate mail that Dave received for simply telling his side of the story was WAY over the top. IMO.

MarcL

This Saturdays show is being prerecorded today from 4PM to 6PM

On the heels of our Perdomo, Pistols and Pizza event in Nashua, New Hampshire they'll welcome into the studio Nick Perdomo where they'll discuss all things new from Perdomo Cigars...they'll pair the new Perdomo Craft series with the appropriate beers and let us know how they change the game. All that and the usual insanity, on The Cigar Authority.

http://thecigarauthority.com/cigar-radio-show/

Here is the chat link>>>>> https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.Mibbit.Net:+6697&channel=#CigarAuthority

MarcL

Scheduled for 12: Noon Jun 20, 2015
They say the hardest thing for any parent to do is to bury their child. Nestor Miranda had to do this with his son Danny Miranda who was affectionately known as Danno.

To honor his memory the company release The Danno a 7 x 56 cigar that has seen various incarnations. Today while in town at a launch event for the latest version we sit down with Nestor Miranda and talk about how the company got to where it is today.

We also sit down with his Son-In-Law Jason Wood and discuss the bright future of the company and the successful branding of the Nestor Miranda Collection.

We also have the latest issue of Cigar Journal, Old Fart Freddy, Tweets of the Weed, Bad News Barry and so much more on the madness known as The Cigar Authority.

Here is the chat link>>>>> https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?se...CigarAuthority

MarcL

" Scheduled for Jun 27, 2015 12 NOON

On this episode of The Cigar Authority, our own Barry Stein is interviewed as we discuss his brainchild, KILO. We will ask what a kid from Brooklyn knows about cigars and how he wound up ready to launch his cigar nationwide at IPCPR via United Cigar Group.
We also take a look at all the Copy Cats in the Cigar Industry and how one companies idea becomes everyones next biggest thing.
All that and the usual rumors, teasing and original content journalism. Often imitated, never duplicated, the one the original The Cigar Authority. "

Here is the chat link>>>>> https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?se...CigarAuthority

MarcL

Scheduled for Jul 1, 2015 / 4 to 6PM

With the Fourth of July falling on a Saturday this year, we are recording the show live today. On the show we will discuss the histroy of the M80, Firecracker from LFD, United Firecracker and the Black Bomb.

We will also discuss in detail the Editorial Dave shared on Monday about cigar names and share with you the best an worst Cigar Brand names EVER!

All that and the usual madness, rumors and teasing on The Cigar Authority.

MarcL

Today The Cigar Authority goes on the road to the tobacco farms of the Connecticut River Valley where we talk with Chris Topper whose family has been using tobacco grown in this area for 120 years.

We will talk about the rich history of the Connecticut River Valley and the role that Broadleaf tobacco plays in the market today.

All that and the usual shenanigans on The Cigar Authority.

MarcL

now there doin shots of vodka.

https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.Mibbit.Net%3A%2B6697&channel=%23CigarAuthority

Smoking The Trademark, Drinking Vodka & Playing Poker

Streamed live on Sep 19, 2015
It's a busy week on The Cigar Authority as we welcome Eric Hanson of Hammer + Sickle the maker of the cigar once known as Icon. We will light up the Trademark Maduro which is part of the The Cigar Authority care package.

In addition to cigars Eric Hanson will tell us about their line of vodka and we will smoke a cigar from the vault called Second Growth.

We will take a look at why Poker and Cigar Stores don't mix with a preview of the upcoming David Garofalo editorial.

MarcL

if you want the show without the commercials here is one.

Streamed live on Nov 7, 2015
This week we welcome to the studio Steve Saka; the owner of Dumbarton Tobacco & Trust as well as the creator of the much anticipated release Sobremesa. We will smoke the first blend of the cigar that was not chosen while in the second hour we will smoke the official release.

We also welcome Derek "Acey" Stewart who is one of the founders of the hottest Facebook group devoted to the cigar lifestyle, "Cigar Cartel".

All this and more on the madness known as The Cigar Authority.

Status
Not open for further replies.