• Dear Guest,

We've been using a forum format called vBulletin for over seven years and the program is no longer being developed, so that means no more updates or security patches. vBulletin has never been compatible with search engine optimization and it does not support the multitude of various devices most people use to access the internet, so it's time to say goodbye to vBulletin.

For these reasons we have moved our forum to a new format that will support and encourage growth for the next generation of grower and DIY tobacco users.

So please post any issues you're having with using the new site.

As usual, you may login with your old password.

Whole Leaf Tobacco

The small leaves of the oriental

Gavroche

The small leaves of the oriental are impossible to put on one by may a I make as for Burley, cut the head and make air cured?

Les petites feuilles de l'oriental sont impossibles à enfiler une par une... puis-je faire comme pour le Burley, couper la tête et faire sécher à l'air ?

Leftynick

I air cure my oriental just fine. Less sweetness though. Didn't know about stalk curing, but i think it is fine.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I string individual leaves of small Orientals, for the lower leaves that mature. Then I cut the remainder of the stalk, and hang it. Both approaches do well either air-cured or sun-cured, but I think the sun-cured is a little better.

Bob