Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Tobacco seed for sale

rustycase

I have always had excellent germination rate from northwoodseeds .
Beautiful and informative website!
rc

gargynko

I have received my order today, thanks Sky! I am just curious if current weather (cold, frost) could not harm seeds while shipping.

jolly

Looks like the list of available varieties has expanded -- just in the last few weeks. I'll have to check out the new additions.

Texasgrown

Ok I have to give an A++++ for your site probably one of the best places to order seeds and great customer service. I order my seeds here and my order got eaten by the mail...literally never came. I sent an email and within the week had seeds on my front door for two of the cigarette type bundles and they even threw in a couple extra for good measure...Thanks again and best wishes guys! You found yourself a lifelong customer with that experience!

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
My order is going out today..10 varieties is what I'll be growing this year

garryr

Sounds good, I have not looked at it yet, have some questions ,but probably if I look at the site they will be answered.
Recently I had several rather bad experiences with making online purchases, after a lot of trouble I did get my money back, or most of it, but it kind of has really scared me away from making any more "online" purchases, however since you are also know here, that is comforting, or on other words , helps give me confidence.

garryr

Well, the secretary says my seeds will be sent to day ! I had asked about some TRABAZON in the seed bank, but there was not enough, then I saw this thread,and you have it, so I guess I will get the chance to try it this year,...
Anyone got 5 sons I can rent?

This got me thinking, but that is very dangerous for me,and the people around me,..no seriously, not exactly "my sons", but one is a stepson, then also his friends they are still in school, they are taking agricultural courses, and hoping to be able to get visas as agricultural students.
I am not very sure how all that stuff works, it might be too complicated, but I used to work in a apple orchard in central Wa. (auvil fruit co.) They had a whole bunch of agricultural students, that came every year and worked, also learned. Some ended up staying on as full time, year round. Maybe it would be better to discuss this, by PM or e-mail, ? If you are serious about wanting some workers, ? No need to pay rent
;) either, on my end, it would be a great help to the community here, if I can help 5 young men find work in the US. send me a PM if you want too.

Swedroller

It's been a long time coming, but our new seed site is finally up and running and ready to turn loose on the world.

http://northwoodseeds.com

It is still a work in progress and we are fixing typos, updating prices on a few things and adding more photos. If you find a link that is not working or any other bugs, or just have a question, please post them here in the forum.

If you mention you saw our link in the FTT forum, you will get a 10% discount on your order. :)

Sky

Hi Sky
I just want to check out if you´r still in business. I tried to email you an order but i haven´t seen anything.

skychaser

New Seeds for 2018

I haven't posted here in I don't know how long, but I am a regular lurker and read the posts here often. The wealth of information and knowledge on FTT is amazing, equaled only by the sense of community. You people are awesome.

I have several strains of tobacco seed that haven't yet made it onto my websites seed list. No one has seen this list yet, not even our wholesale buyers. I thought the FTT members should see it first. Some seeds I have in very limited supply, but those are being regrown this year. Here is what I have.

BRIGHT LEAF:
Carolina Bright
Ostrolist 6
Mammoth Gold
Little Sweet Orinoco
NC 95
Gold Leaf
Kaloi 5
Kaloi 51
Krepysh
Prancak 95
Prancak N1
K 326
VA 724
Scantic

CIGAR:
Nostrano Del Brenta
Glessnor
Amerelo 5
Hacuenda Del Cura
Corojo
Semois
Java Besuki
Hastines
Red Rose
Greenville
Machu Picchu
La Palma Havana
Havana 501
Woods
Herzgovina Flor

DARK:
PYKY 171
VA 355

RUSTICA:
Mahorka 4
GC1

BURLEY:
Burley White
Harrownova
Krasnodarskii
Shargo

ORIENTAL:
Malatya
Bulgarian Red Izmir
Sark
Bitlis
Malovata
Samson Maden
Visoka Marula
Hiltonia
Djubek
Kerti
PI 405679

Hungarian (unspecified strain from Ukraine)
Timor (unsure of classification)
Perusta Gigante (unsure of classification)

I also have some new pepper seeds.

Traveler Jalapeno (very hot)
Purple Jalapeno (hot)
Hungarian Wax (medium hot, early, very productive)
Riot (very hot, small size plant is ideal for pots, very abundant producer, highly ornamental)
Bulgarian Carrot (unusual Chile pepper)
Numex Sunrise (large, beautiful orange colored Chile pepper)
Large Red Thick Cayenne (very good producer)
Fatali Habanaro (insanely hot, rated at 200,000)
Jimmy Nardelo (very sweet delicious pepper, no heat, long red fruit is very abundant)
Charleston Bell (good producer, excellent flavor)
Red Bell (unknown variety, low growing, very nice stuffing pepper)
Yellow Bell (unknown variety, large delicious fruit, excellent stuffing pepper)

I don't usually grow or sell unknown varieties of anything, but the Red and Yellow Bells both made such an impression on me that I will be growing them again this year.

I don't have any photos or information on any of these seeds posted yet. I have several website issues to deal with first. Hopefully they will be resolved soon. Comments or observations on any of the seed we sell is always welcome. Your feedback is very helpful to us as we are always learning.

All our tobacco seed is $3.50 per pack of 300 - 500 seeds. Most contain 500 or more.
All our Pepper seed is $3.00 per pack of 50+ seeds.
World wide shipping is a flat rate of $3 per order. We ship almost anywhere, including AU and NZ. with guaranteed delivery or you pay nothing.
You can see a list of all the seed we sell at: http://northwoodseeds.com

If you would like to place an order, send an e-mail to nwtseeds@aol.com Please include your name and shipping address along with your order. We will send you an invoice through PayPal. You can review the details before paying to be sure everything is correct. You do not need to have a PayPal account and can pay with any major credit or debit card. Most orders are shipped within 48 hours. Be sure to mention that you are a FTT member and you will receive a 10% discount.

Good luck to everyone in 2018

Cheers,
Sky

Last edited by a moderator:

Alpine

Welcome back Skychaser!
Perustitza is an oriental sun cured originally from Bulgaria. The “gigante” (giant) variant was developed in Italy in the early 20th or late 19th century to improve production. I look forward to see the new website.

pier

ciennepi

Hi Sky, I bought seed from you and I can testify your professionalism.

Can you tell me if the "Corojo" you listed above is the original strain grown in Cuba until the mid '90 or the new hybrid Corojo99 ?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the new listings, skychaser.

Prancak-N1 is a bright leaf/Oriental combination. I have flue-cured some, and sun-cured then kilned some. It flue-cures to a light, bright lemon color, with moderate sweetness. The sun-cured and kilned is slightly sweet, mildly aromatic, and is an excellent stand-alone pipe tobacco.

Prancak 95 is the flue-cured parent of Prancak-N1. (The other parent is Izmir.)

Sun-grown Nostrano del Brenta (a unique, Italian land race cigar variety) is hugely productive of very large leaves that kiln to a deep, deep brown to nearly black. Despite their color, leaves from all levels of the stalk are slightly sweet, smooth and mild. As a puro, it makes a flavorful, mild cigar. The upper leaf makes remarkably mild oscuro wrappers.

Hacienda del Cura (Canary Islands) and Machu Picchu (Peru) are both Havana types, and produce a medium-strength cigar leaf. I've grown both in multiple seasons.

Java Besuki, which is how tabakanbau names its Besuki, reliably produces excellent wrappers and binders that are large and thin, even when sun-grown.

Glessnor is a highly productive, large leaf, medium strength cigar filler that makes great binders and medium-maduro wrappers. (In the literature, the spelling of this name is all over the place. In the ARS-GRIN database, it is listed as "Glessnor".)

Bob

Last edited:

mwaller

Hi Sky -
Thanks for the list! Can you tell us more about "Little Sweet Orinoco" and "Bulgarian Red Izmir"?
How did they grow for you, and more importantly - do they taste as good as they sound?!

skychaser

Thank you Bob. I was hoping you would provide some info on the smoking qualities of the Prancak. I have a couple strings hanging in the barn but haven't tried them yet. And thank you for the info on the other strains and corrections. Probably was my error, as speeling has never been one of my strong points. I would make some corrections to my list but there seems to be no edit button. ??

Alpine... Thank you for the info on Perustitza. Like I said above, this forum is a gold mine of information. And thank you for the Nostrano Del Brenta seed you sent me. It took two years growing it to get any decent seed stock because of the weather and my very short growing season. It is a beautiful plant which is very uniform and well developed. Very nice leaf and I had no suckers on either grow. I haven't smoked any, but it was one of my favorites to grow.

ciennepi ... The corojo we have is the original strain. Corojo 99 is on this years grow list. And another thank you goes to Bob for providing me the seed stock.

And while I am at it, I'd also like to thank Hasse and China for sending me some seed of other strains I wanted.

I have acquired so many new strains of seed in the past couple years it will take me a decade to grow them all out. Regrows are taking over half our field space this year. I keep telling myself, no more new seed! I have too much now! But then some interesting new strain pops up, and then another and another. I just can't stop myself from getting them. :D

skychaser

Hi Sky -
Thanks for the list! Can you tell us more about "Little Sweet Orinoco" and "Bulgarian Red Izmir"?
How did they grow for you, and more importantly - do they taste as good as they sound?!

I haven't smoked any of the Little Sweet Orinoco yet. I do have a couple strings hanging. It should be getting aged enough to try soon. I like Orinoco. And I love sweet tobaccos, so I am looking forward to trying it. The plant is smaller in height than other Orinocos I have grown, but was still a good producer.

Bulgarian Red Izmir is very much like Izmir Ozbas in plant form and production. It seems to be a well developed strain. It has a deep red flower rather than pink, which is probably where the name comes from. Ozbas is one of my favorite oriental strains. To my very unsophisticated pallet, they taste about the same to me.

mwaller

Thanks for the reply. Does the Bulgarian Red Izmir mature any faster than Izmir Ozbas? I've read that Izmir can mature a bit late - has that been your experience?

I haven't smoked any of the Little Sweet Orinoco yet. I do have a couple strings hanging. It should be getting aged enough to try soon. I like Orinoco. And I love sweet tobaccos, so I am looking forward to trying it. The plant is smaller in height than other Orinocos I have grown, but was still a good producer.

Bulgarian Red Izmir is very much like Izmir Ozbas in plant form and production. It seems to be a well developed strain. It has a deep red flower rather than pink, which is probably where the name comes from. Ozbas is one of my favorite oriental strains. To my very unsophisticated pallet, they taste about the same to me.