Whole Leaf Tobacco

Top O Matic?

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I have no intention of retiring my topomatic. It is 5 and 1/2 years old and it still works just fine, When it breaks I will get another topomatic. The machine has proven it self to me it has been problem free just a drop of oil once a month and it is good to go
What if the Powermatic injectors are equally as robust and long lived? My statement was that as long as it took us to find a viable shredder I would hate to see Powermatic go under due to lack of sales. Our shredders will not last forever. Not all DIY cigarette makers need shredders. I would like to be able to have access to parts or service for as long as I need to shred leaves. Buying their injectors may help insure this for the future. Shredding with scissors sucks. Nothing wrong with Topomatic except that buying them does not help our shredder company stay in business. I would love to see the argument of which shredder is better, Powermatic or Toposhredder, but until that happens I think we need to think about keeping our best shredding option available by supporting the company that makes them. If the injectors were a piece of crap that might be different, but I love mine and think it makes as good a cigarette as any other injector. I'm just worried about shredder access in the future. I don't want to go back to scissors or pasta makers.

DrBob

Founding Member
Well said Knucklehead! My topomatic is nearing the end of it's life and will need to be replaced soon. It has easily made 4000 packs of smokes and the nozzle is wearing out. My Lady does have a hard time with the topomatic. Due to your insight I will get a powermatic injector. Soon, like today soon. You are absolutely right.
Dr.Bob

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I'm just worried about shredder access in the future. I don't want to go back to scissors or pasta makers.
I worry about this too. Everyone is so extremely anti-tobacco that I envision one day in the future that all things tobacco related will be outlawed or taxed so high that you will not be able to get them. The one silver lining that I can think of is that China has something like a 100 billion zillion smokers so they will produce and make available to the world shredders and injectors( in the future). Problem is, we might not be able to obtain them due to anti-tobacoo legislation. I'm not even going to mention "quality". Even something as simple as a Missiouri Meerschaum Pipe. Right now you can get them for about $10.00. But what about 20 years from now? When tobacco is $50.00 an ounce who could afford to buy a pipe?. I just looks really bleak for the future unless you grow your own.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I broke my right hand and couldn,t use my topomatic with the splint on without banging it on the side. Your wife will love the one armed bandit action of the powermatic manual. If you get the manual that is. The guys with the electric swear by theirs but they will be out of luck after the zombie apocolypse. LOL

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Yes and all the zombie votes were counted along with other undead and generally ineligible voters. Of course I don't mean this in any political fashion, I'm just sayin' ...

Boboro

I worry about this too. Everyone is so extremely anti-tobacco that I envision one day in the future that all things tobacco related will be outlawed or taxed so high that you will not be able to get them. The one silver lining that I can think of is that China has something like a 100 billion zillion smokers so they will produce and make available to the world shredders and injectors( in the future). Problem is, we might not be able to obtain them due to anti-tobacoo legislation. I'm not even going to mention "quality". Even something as simple as a Missiouri Meerschaum Pipe. Right now you can get them for about $10.00. But what about 20 years from now? When tobacco is $50.00 an ounce who could afford to buy a pipe?. I just looks really bleak for the future unless you grow your own.
Ill just make a pipe out of my old 12GA. that I wont be able to get shells for no more.