Whole Leaf Tobacco

Trying to Grow in North Dakota for dip

Robncars

Those are as flat as I could get them. Most of the leaves were pretty chewed up. But I think those were half a leaf. The ones I got opened were really big but holey and had to be factory seconds
They had ALOT more stems than the other leaves I've gotten.

Robncars

I could give my number to anyone who wants to go through it in real time. If this isnt N Rustica I'd be real upset. I would be willing to send a leaf to someone to verify it. From the seller 2 screenshots of it.
Screenshot_20200428-151657_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200428-151633_Chrome.jpg

Alpine

Yes, very big leaves for a rustica. Any chance you know the exact strain?
PS: the cat urine smell is distinctive for rusticas, but it will disappear with age. Rusticas usually have a robust nic content but a mild taste, be cautious the very first times you smoke it (I mix mine with N. tabacum at a 8 or 10 % by volume, more than that and my head begins to spin lol)

pier

Robncars

Yes, very big leaves for a rustica. Any chance you know the exact strain?
PS: the cat urine smell is distinctive for rusticas, but it will disappear with age. Rusticas usually have a robust nic content but a mild taste, be cautious the very first times you smoke it (I mix mine with N. tabacum at a 8 or 10 % by volume, more than that and my head begins to spin lol)

pier
I posted everything off the seller's site that they say about it. Doesn't give an exact strain that I saw.
I was planning to mix it with the Burley I've currently got cooked up. I am glad you specified though I was planning to do close to 50/50 but I'll back that down. And I use it for dip so it would have probably sent me for a loop. Lol

Robncars

So for my next run of ideas. I was digging through flue curing and wanted to start a thread where I could get a couple pointers and some technical info. I've tried a couple searches and came up empty.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Try posting here:
Bob

Hugh

In Canada you can buy starts at:

8 bucks a pop.