Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

TSNA question: tobacco specific nitrosamines

castle

I’m trying to learn more about tobacco as I’ve started using it more ceremonial style and with prayer. Would you folks know about the tsna risks involved with non inhaled natural tobacco? Looked at some of the research on it the conclusions seem a bit sketchy.. Thanks

castle

I’m just curious about the effects of nitrosamines in tobacco with non habitual spiritual tobacco use. I understand that they’re present in pretty much all kinds of cured tobacco so maybe can’t get around it anyway

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
What manner of exposure are you asking about?
Spiritual is not a mode of exposure. What form of what sort of tobacco will contact or enter your body?

I have about 20 MB of assorted references and papers that contain discussions of TSNA.

Download TSNA Zip file (~20 MB)

Bob

93rdCanadian

Spiritual is not a mode of exposure. What form of what sort of tobacco will contact or enter your body?

I have about 20 MB of assorted references and papers that contain discussions of TSNA.

Download TSNA Zip file (~20 MB)

Bob
Thank you for sharing Bob! Ive been doing some reading on what I can do to help reduce TSNAs in my home grown (air and flue cured) and Im sure Ill find some additional gold nuggets in your collection.

Oldfella

I’m trying to learn more about tobacco as I’ve started using it more ceremonial style and with prayer. Would you folks know about the tsna risks involved with non inhaled natural tobacco? Looked at some of the research on it the conclusions seem a bit sketchy.. Thanks
Welcome from me in NZ. I can almost guarantee that one of our members can help you.
Oldfella

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
what I can do to help reduce TSNAs
Two major flags:
  • high nor-nicotine
  • curing method that exposes leaf to combustion products from the heat source
If you inhale the tobacco smoke into your lungs, soak it in your mouth or snort it into your nose, then TSNAs become an issue. For non-inhaled tobacco (pipe, cigar), it is not as significant a concern.

Bob